Bizarre Food

Here in my country there are certsin food considered as bizarre or unusual. Like sauteed crickets, adobong frog's legs, animal innards cooked in animal's blood mixed with vinegar and even snakes and fresh worms and a day old chick or balut. Have you dared tasting ir eating food which are considered bizarre? Either by intention or forced... Thank you in advance...
@bystander (2299)
in other countries, they call such foods exotic. and these exotic foods -- live snakes, monkey brain, certain species of insects, unheard of kind of fish or animal, etc. etc. -- are very expensive. according to stories i've heard, exotic foods have different effects on the human body. some make you young, others make people strong, still others, the most popular, perhaps, increase virility. so, bizarre or exotic? i'd certainly go for the latter, because what we eat is our own choice.
Hello, bystander.:-) Yup, we call it bizarre when we think we can't swallow such delicacies. Exotic when we refer it to a unique and expensive delicacy. Some of these food are also poisonous like fugu which is the main delicacy in Japan and is very expensive, all right. I'd rather not taste those kind of stuff if I am so aware of what are those. I just don't have the stomach... Thank you for responding.:-)
@bystander (2299)
that's true, if you don't have the stomach for exotic foods, why try it. as you say, what we take in is our own choice... that's absolutely correct.
@TAZNEM (656)
ewwwww, i live in the Philippines but i never considered that. i eat balut though which many foreign countries consider super gross, but it tastes fine to me. maybe they dont like the way it looks cuz it definitely looks gross
Hello, Taznem.:-) It looks gross especially if you contemplate on the fact that the chick was cooked alive! However, it is also a healthy food. Thank you for responding, Taznem. Magandang umaga sa yo.:-)
@dpk262006 (56115)
Hi dear! I have heard about such exotic and unusal food items. However, a shiver run down my spine on seeing a snake or one day old chick as a food item. I would never like to taste or eat such extra-ordinary delicacies, even in my dreams.............lol!
Hello, dear. Nice to see you here again.:-) A snake I can't imagine eating. But a day old chick, I must admit I had eaten once, in the dark.LOL. It is good for my blood problem since the chick is rich in protein and calories.I hate the texture but the surrounding meat like the yolk tasted good. I did not dare try eating it again. But my daughter who has no idea what she's munching loves the taste of a day old chick. By the way, it is called BALUT here in my country.;-) Have a wonderful day ahead, Deepak. Always take care.:-)
@Torunn (2810)
• Norway
I ate sheep head some weeks ago, the meat on it tastes like normal sheep but it is a bit weird to have a head on your plate. And it takes forever to clean it, so the meat is usually cold when you start eating. Not really my favourite meal :-)
Sheep meat is good. Filipinos love to eat such. However, It is not normal to see the head while eating it. LOL. I think if it were served on my plate, I'd puke....LOL My uncle was served once with a monkey dish. The skull was crushed and the diners just fished on its brain... Yikes.... Thank you for your response. Have a nice day ahead.:-)
@PeacefulWmn9 (10424)
Hello Eureka I suppose if animal organs are considered bizarre, then I have tried some of those...liver, heart of poultry, tongue of cow. I was not liking them much, though. Did not enjoy the taste! Karen
Hello, Karen. It is nice to see you here.:-) I was forced to eat raw liver (pork and beef) because I was told it is good for my blood problem. In my country, which is the Philippines, it is a normal thing to eat innards of an animals. Some are eating it dressed only in vinegar and some spices without to cooking it first. Well, we have different preferences, I guess.LOL Thank you for responding. Have a wonderful day ahead.:-)