Where should teenagers take their first drink?

We all know how these teens are drinking and drugging these days. How you feel about a drink may differ from how others or I may think. I asked a question like this yesterday on another site. I thought it should be asked here. Now I know people who have allowed their kids to drink at home. Where they would monitor how much they were drinking for safety. I may not have agreed with them at the time. But,now I am leaning towards it. if your child wanted to drink and came to you. how would you handle it? Most kids won't go to their parents. Thanks friends.
@jewels49 (1783)
Teenagers shouldn't drink..period. My kid did come to me when he first started going out to parties and such and we talked about it all the time and the parents of his friends and I were all in agreement..it's against the law..they don't get to do it. And it's nonnegotiable..I know some of those parents that let kids drink at their houses..a couple of them were charged with contributing to minors among other things, and I whole heartedly applauded their prosecution.
Depending on their age I would let them drink at home. I know how I was a few years ago and I know that if my mom would have tried to stop me I would've done it at a friends house. Unfortunately teens are going to drink I would rather be able to monitor it then to not know that it is happening.
@cateel (1)
Teenagers should take their first drink to have an experience in drinking but it should be limited. They should be guided accordingly by adults.
for teenager should take their first drink when they are alone that was i did before .is so good for me to drink in my own not in a social for my first drink reason for doing this is for you to your capacity to drink liquior , and also it help for you to drink liquior as well.
When I was a teenager, my mother allowed me to have a drink at home occasionally and because of being allowed to have drinks at home, I was never one to go out and party and drink with my friends. This is the reason that I think I am going to take the same stance with my own children when they get a little bit older. I would much rather them have the opportunity to have a drink if they would like one in the safety of their own home where they won't find themselves behind the steering wheel or in a car with someone that has been drinking.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I would prefer them experimenting with their first drink at home. Not at a party or friends house. In having their first drink I would say ok but it would be only one drink, at home and they would have to be at least 17 or 18 years old and depending on their maturity. Some kids can handle a drink and alot others can't. I feel if they try it at a party or friends house they will continue with more then the one drink and it will then get totally out of control. Hopefully though they won't like that first drink and then that would be their last drink. We could hope and pray for that.
@esjosh (915)
According to me Teen agers should not allowed to drink. As I have written always. Teen age in the most dangerous age of human life. It is like very delicate sapling, if it is directed in wrong direction may lead to destruction.
@regal_aeros (2606)
well, i feel that they should learn with their parents around. I started drinking at home. Not heavily though, my parents would share with me their drinks.
I think it's better their parents can give them the first lesson. And parents should be best friends of their children.
@egvistal (18)
It's better to allow our kids to drink at home that taking it outside. I'd rather much prefer too that my son would drink with me rather that with somebody else. Its a bonding between us and our children. Just don't do it frequently, just in some occasions maybe. Me and my father do a one-on-one drinking session if i'm at home.. and it feels good.. we're kinda like friends anymore..