Another survey question here

My daughter is doing surveys on a gaming site. They keep calling with different offers for her to do. This one man just called and said she won a 1500. shopping spree and all she had to do was pay for the shipping and handling. I started talking about why she had to pay for the shipping and he hung up the phone. My question to you is should she be paying for shipping costs. This will help me for the next call we may get. Thanks
@lilyrayne (107)
No she should not be paying a fee, that was a scam!
Thanks so much
No, it is a scam. Any one that asks for money up front are scams and one needs to be careful. I have done a few surveys that send free samples, but I have never had to pay shipping costs. I am very leary of surveys that pay a high amount of money because in most cases they are scams. I am a believer in if something sounds too good to be true then it probably is.
@donsky14 (5963)
No, she shouldn't pay for that. Why not ask them to just deduct it from what your daughter won, right?
Makes them start to wonder as well. Thanks
No, no, no, no. When you "win" something you should never have to pay a dime. If you hear someone asking you for money of any kind then that is the time that you should be weary. In fact, that is the moment that I would hang the phone up on the person that was calling me. If you have to pay money to get a prize or even to find online work, that is a clear sign that what you are hearing and/or reading about is a scam.
• Marion, Kansas
If you have to pay, it is a scam. You never pay for a prize. It is a way to get your personal information and it is a rip off.
@Orbitor (28)
SCAM! If she won, then she shouldn't have to pay for anything not even for shipping.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
no one should be paying shipping and handling to receive a gift or money from anyone who offer the gift or money...whoever is offer the gift or money should be the one to pay for the shipping and handling of the stuffs.