How Bad Do You Want A Job?

@erikmama (12934)
We all know the economy is not in good shape right now, and jobs are hard to come by. Ive been unemployed for nearly a year now, and after seeing a local man on a quest for a job,I have became more motivated! After several months of unsuccessfully trying to find a job, he dressed up in his suit, and made s sign advertising himself as needing work.He came prepared with resumes, and stood in the business area of downtown 6 hours a day,even when it was 10 degrees everyday. After a week and being featured on the news as a creative way to find a job he finally did get a job. He said this was one way to make himself stand out from the crowd, and also showed his determination in finding employment. Would you do this? What do you think about this man's idea to get a job? Guess it cant be to bad, since he found a job!!
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I heard about this story and I think its being quite creative. It also shows that he is serious about finding a job especially standing out there is extremely cold conditions. I'm glad he got a job. Imagine if a large group of people started to do this in the same area. I'm imagining in my head. It looks funny but then I wonder how many would accomplish getting a job.
@erikmama (12934)
o yes i admire this man for sure.ive been unempolyed for almost a year,but I dont kow if I could have sttod out there like that.But it did show how bad he wanted a job.I dont think it would have worked as well if a lot of people had done it,but I give him his porops for creativity and determination!! He got a job,and I am glad to because that man wanted a job to do that.
@bounce58 (17526)
I want another job. Because my current one is not very promising. It even gave us salary reductions last year. But since I still have this, and knowing the trouble of the economy, I shouldn't really be complaining. And I should just be happy that I still have one. Somehow, this does not help in my motivation to work harder.
@erikmama (12934)
I know.I had the best job in the world working for Priceline.com.Then they decided to take their work to India.That sucked big time.I was working as many hours a week as I wanted to work.The conditions were great, I got to book vacations for people, talk to people all around the world.Play on the interent when i wasnt assisitng a customer.When we worked OT we received $10 WalMart cards for every 2 hours.We had prixzes to win eah week, fun games, and I workded with great people.But I b!tched and complained everysingle day that I wanted another job.Since I was laid off I have been unable to find a job.Irts been almost a year. When they closed I literally cried.Now how often do pople cyr over a job? I was making almost $2000 every 2 weeks.I was a sick puppy when they closed. We always take things for granted,dont realize what we have til its gone. I admire this mans determination in finding a job. Hopefully something better will come along for you,but as you said,its a hard, hard world right now,so be glad you have it.
@Logan3745 (302)
I want a job bad but not bad enough to work over time for free.
@erikmama (12934)
I'd never work any type of job for gfree.My service is worth more than 0. I think this man was very creative in his efforts in finding a job,though,and he was successful.So I guess this goes to show that anything is possible if you try. I just dont know I could have STOOD there with this sign,handing out resumes to evertyone in the cold, rain, and snow.But I do need a job.
I will give this man an A for creativity and an A+ for determination. I would have never have thought to do something like that in order to find a job. However, my husband, when he graduated from college really wanted to find a job in the field that he had studied, so he invested in a printer, stamps and envelopes and mailed a copy of his resume to every place in his field within a 50 mile radius of his home. This was how he got his first job out of college and he is still there ten and a half years later.
@erikmama (12934)
Yes, he was very determined as well as creative, and I am very glad that his persistance paid off for him!! Soundsd as if your husband also came up with a creative strategy! Well, that is the best way to fo it! He is prove that it works and it is great that he is still there after 10 years!