This woman just beat the crap out of her child.

We are 4 doors from this woman and she was killing her kid with that belt. she already has a cps case. This child was screaming for his life. He has mental problems at that. I screamed in the hall way for her to stop beating her child. My other neighbor came out and told me to go back in my apartment and close the door. Well the police are on there way. I mind my business in this building because we could get shot around here. But,a child getting abused I can't let this go. The police are here right now. They are getting out of the car. What was I truly to do?
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
If i should ever see or hear someone beating a child like that, i will go over there, take that belt and beat seven kinds of s****t out of her. I hope they take that child away from her. If you want to give your child a hiding, do it the old fashion way. I hope they lock her up. She doesn,t deserve to be a mother.
The poor child would not talk to the police. there was nothing they could do without him talking to them. he had stopped getting beat by the time they came.
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
That really is a shame, i would love to get my hands on that women. Her kind makes my blood boil, and it is so damn hot here at the moment.
@MAllen400 (831)
I think you did the right thing and deep down you know you did. A child cannot stand up for itself. If you are wrong and all is well or they were "just larking around" no harm done. If you are worried about repercussions could you not tell the police? Please be careful as its good to be a good neighbour but to put yourself in harms way is a bit panicky. Take care x
In my area if you call the cops your a snitch and snitches get stitches. I had to talk to the police today. if she does this again I will knock on her front door with the police on the phone.
I have just read all the replies and whereas we have all said that we would tell the police and stand up to the woman it is so easy to say that isnt it when we are not actually living there and have to put up with what coould happen if we told. I admire you for what you have done you are brave and caring. I hope that you will continue to do so but that you keep safe yourself x
• Marion, Kansas
If you know she is beating the child, like you say you saw her with the belt, I would not have spoken to her at all, I would have immediately called the police. I would make myself available as a witness. Screaming at her probably just makes her more angry and she takes it out on the child. If he is mentally handicapped or emotionally disturbed, he is a harder child to parent, I am sure, but she sounds like she does not have the necessary skills. I would be concerned if there were other children in the home as well.
@Ravenladyj (22992)
Screaming at her probably just makes her more angry and she takes it out on the child OMG ABSOLUTELY!!! and yes the police should not only be called but also the caller and anyone else who is a witness NEEDS to be available for statements and such...SOMEONE needs to speak up for these kids and protect them...
I was sitting at my computer desk and heard someone screaming please stop over and over again. Then I went out side to check what was going on. I heard the child I know very well hollering to the top of his lungs for her to stop. I heard the belt and her talking over and over agian. I then screamed to her through the door to stop or I would call the police. I then ran to my house where my daughter had already called the police they told her to hang up and call another. By the time the police came I was at my window the police got out of his car and went to another car and took out a plate of what looked like food from a woman. By the time they got up stairs the beating was done. The police took the child in the other room and he would not talk to them. Thanks very much
Are you sure she is beating her child?.. I have noticed this in a lot of young kids but especially my younger sister. She would throw these temper tantrums, kicking, screaming bloody murder. And there were times she would scream 'dont touch me!'. When my parents did lay a finger on her. It was just her out of control screaming bloody murder even though nothing was happening to her. She did this for years. My neighbors always thought something was going on when nothing was. And Ive notice a lot of youth today are acting like this.. total disrespect. So it may not be what it sounds like... BUT.. if that child really is being abused I do hope the Police get him out of there.
You could hear the belt hitting this child. Even the other neighbors heard her. I know the sound of a belt. If she does it again I will call again She is known for beating her bigger son right here in front of the elevator. Thanks
@Ravenladyj (22992)
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?? STAND UP FOR THIS CHILD! talk to the police wihtout a doubt because obviously NOBODY ELSE IS?! I realize your concern about your safety due to where you live but what will you do if she succeeds in murdering this poor little one???
I did talk to the police about this. I would not want anything t happen to the sweet little boy. he is always at my door looking for his other friend.
@deedee328 (1127)
GREAT JOB! Thank you for standing up and doing the right thing. Child abuse goes on because there are so many people out there like the neighbor who told you to go back into your apartment.There ar situations where you should mind your own business and there is a time that you have to stick your neck out and mind other people's business. I hope you will follow through and speak out if the police or the courts ask you what you heard. I think it was wise of you not to confront the mother. I would be concerned that if you had, it would have caused more abuse for the child. As the mother of children with disabilities, I understand that this mother might have a harder time with her child, but there are resources and programs out there to help you learn to deal with the stress. There is no exuse to beat your children!
@bunnybon7 (32534)
• Holiday, Florida
thank you so much for being a good hearted person. i dont blame you and what are these children to do without people like you with the courage and goodness to stand up for them. Jesus will have you in his book im sure. for he always said anyone good to little children was in his good list. or something like that In my book you are a hero.
@bunnybon7 (32534)
• Holiday, Florida
btw, let us know what happened if anything. often, they dont take the children in time and it turns out bad/
The police came and I spoke to them. They went to the woman's house but,she said she did not beat the child. They took the child to another room and he was too afraid to talk. They told me if I hear it again to knock on her door and then call them. There was nothing they could do as he would not say anything. She has not beat that boy since then. Thanks so much
@sid556 (31018)
Hi gifts, I'd have not hesitated in calling the police on this one or talking to them. I could not sit back and listen to a child getting beat on. I'm glad that someone called this in. Did they take the child from this mother? I try to keep to myself where I live also but a few months ago I did see a man punch his little girl. You can bet that I called and reported him.
@zed_k4 (17634)
You did right there, Sid..
@kquiming (2999)
You did the right thing. I know you care about the child and I hope you continue to do so. I love kids and I would never let this happen if I can do something to stop it. GAWD that woman is the one who has some mental problems. She should be jailed and never be allowed to come near any children.
@kquiming (2999)
any child. lol.
In that case, I would call the police, especially since you live in a dangerous area. I don't, so I could have intervened without that fear. You did what you felt was right. You might want to go to social services and let them know you're side of the story and what you have seen and heard. That woman should not get that child back.
@teamrose (1499)
You did absolutely the right thing. Furthermore, if they don't take the child out of that home, you should call them again and again and again everytime you hear the abuse. Be willing to testify to what you have heard and seen. People like that woman does not deserve children and the child deserves a break. Thank God there are people like you in this world.
@skysuccess (8882)
giftsandbagscom, As for me, I would call the police and let her know that the police had been called and that she should stop what she is doing, in the loudest and harshest way I know. I just cannot tolerate the lack of self control here and taking it out on children. I hope that you had followed up by being the witness of this battering incident. Also, in your country, I believe you will need to call the child services to attend to this, so that the child could be separated from the mother before more damage is being done on the child. Take care and have a nice day.
@warvial (1154)
I don't have any better thoughts than what your neighbor has advice. Stayed inside my apartment and wait till the police managed to settle the matter. It's definitely worrying on this situation but I won't want to make things any worse (unless the police has requested for your participation). I hope things are settled right now with the child in good hands.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
You did the right thing. What if the mother ended up killing the child and you didn't do anything. Then you would be feeling guilty for a long time. How do people beat there kids especially if they have mental problems. Let me know what the police did if anything. And thank you for being brave enough to tell her to stop. I wish more people should do that, because they don't realize they could be saving a child from being killed.
@carolbee (16243)
Am glad the police were called. There is no excuse to beat a child. It makes me sick when I hear about people putting their kids in the dryer and turning it on or putting a baby in the microwave. These people are sick and don't deserve to have children. I hope this boy is taken away from his mom and she is forced to go to anger management classes. The mom is the one who needs to be straightened out, not the little boy. What frustrates me when I hear a story such as this one is there are so many people who don't have kids and want them.
@Opal26 (17694)
Hey giftsandbags! You absolutely did the right thing by calling the police! How could anyone stand by when they know that a child is being abused! That woman could have killed her son! The problem is that the child was too afraid to talk and now it can happen again and probably will! Someone has to protect the child until he is taken away from the mother or she is investigated for child abuse! If that happened here in NY they would have Child Protective Services at her door immediately!
@magrylouyu (1632)
You did the right thing. I completely understand you being worried about your own well being because of where you live. I dont understand nor will I ever understand how a parent or anybody for that matter actually abuse a child! Seriously these people are just sick in the head and need to be locked up forever and have the same treatment done to them every day for the rest of their lives. My children dont even know what a belt is! I would have done the same thing as you did. Obviously everybody else living there doesnt give a rats tail about what happens to this child. Personally I could never just let something like that just "slip" my mind and think later in time I should have done the right thing. Good job. Hopefully this lady never gets her sons back I hope they get taken and put with loving people who will show them love and comfort and security.
@jezzmay (1845)
No, you can not let this go. Call the police, that is the thing to do, because you could get yourself killed interfering. Let the police do their job. Keep at them till they do something. I think this is the way to do it.
@hagirl (1296)
The fact that you screamed at her was one more lashing the child did not get... I commend you for that but when you live in a high crime neighborhood do what someone else did call the authorities..... Obviously, someone else was disturbed about what they saw and heard and called the police .... I understand though that would be very disturbing to me also...
@mlh8087 (370)
You did the right thing. Why hasn't child protective services taken the child away from this abuser? I guess we'll never know.