texting

Does it bother you when people are entertaining guests and constantly texting others? I know a few people who are like this. I think it can become a rude habit. Especially if there in your house and doing this. if they are in their house I can get up and leave. But,I would like to know how you feel about this. Thanks
Yes it does. We had our family all together for Christmas Eve, and some had their phones out checking for messages and texting. It just seems they could put the phone down one night a year and do without being in constant contact. It makes me feel like they'd rather be someplace else, or we're not exciting enough for them. That may not be their intention or feelings, and they're just so used to checking for messages that it doesn't occur to them they're being rude. Too bad phones don't come with an ettiquette lesson and instructions.
Funny you start a discussion like this. I have a good friend that will comeover and she will text the whole time she is here. She is a really good friend and has helped my family so much but I aslo feel that she should be able to put that phone down when she is here visting with us. I do feel it is rude and have wanted to say something but I do not want to offend her or make her feel like she cant come over because she likes to text all the time.
• Marion, Kansas
I do not have people come to my house that text, but I had a girl I supervised at work who would text while I tried to talk to her. Eventually she got transferred out of my program. That was in part because of her rudeness.
@nomoso (652)
Hmm yeah. When people come to our house and doesnt have a concern to spend time with us then why should they come anyway?? What we have to do is treat them like they are just a non living thing like table chair etc... They will learn how they should behave when they go to others house.