It's A Miracle!!!!!

@erikmama (12934)
Yes,folks, a miracle has happened! It started snowing here in Nashville early this a.m.and is still going strong. The roads and grounds are covered!We can actually go out there and play in it,if I can stand the temps! I LOVE it! It has been well over 6 years since we have seen snow here, and my 4 year old is estatic since he's never seen it before!! How crazy is it that yeaterday it was 45. Crazy Nashville weather for you! Im glad we FINALLY got some of it, but hate the 10 degree weather that's with it!! What is the weather like where you are at?
@cher913 (25895)
do you like snow? i am guessing that you dont get a whole lot of it, eh? i have an aunt and uncle in arkansas and they tell me that if there is even a little bit of snow, everything shuts down. i am in canada (about an hour north of buffalo, ny) and while we dont have much snow (not even enough to cover the ground fully) it is very very cold (windchill is -20 c!)
@erikmama (12934)
I dont care about it really, but my kids do,and it is nice to see now and again.Its been so long since we've had it. Everything shuts down here too,and you dont want to go anywhere near a grocery store!!LOL!! Id love to move to Canada,but thats the reason I dont!!
@LaDeBoheme (1963)
Looks like that snow is moving east into Virginia by tonight/early morning. Tell you what, erikmama. I'll be more than happy to let you keep it where you are.
@erikmama (12934)
No, no.I am vety generous, so I want to share it with you!! LOL!! Its here,its pretty,we will play in it tomorrow then I hope it all melts!LOL!
I appreciate your generosity erikmama, but you're being way too kind. 5" and still falling! I insist, take some back. Pleeease! LOL
Hi notlistening, I see you're further south of me (I am north of Fredericksburg), That's unusual for you to get much snow in the Hampton Roads area, isn't it? I hope you're enjoying it, you can thank erikmama for sharing it. LOL! Forecast says about 8" here. It's almost there now. And oh yeah, definitely COLD! 19°. Brrrrr
@libr16 (40)
o wow,i wish i would be there.As i live in india,the climate of here is quite hot as everybody knows.even here, there is not a fix climate. its winter here but still its hot..even once rained in winter a couple months back. I think the climate is quite unxpected now all around world!!
@erikmama (12934)
Have you ever seen or been in snow? I can remember my dad telling me of marines day stories when a guy from CA came to NC for training, and was amazed at the snow. I dont like cold weather but the snow really is pretty and it always keeps kids smiling!!
@libr16 (40)
in INDIA there are only few places where we can view snow..but yes on second thought ull always view sweat on people bcoz of hot weather
@frtwome (239)
Hi, We live in Newport TN. We got snow yesterday evening, and it is still snowing right now. I hate the cold weather, but the snow is beautiful. But, I am ready for spring time. It is gorgeous in Tennessee in the springtime.
@erikmama (12934)
Here in Nashville we skipped spring and went straight to summer.It is so hot and icky outside here.Most days it has been well over 90 most days,heat indexy at 105 and high temps like that. The snow was good but it got old,too. I am glad the warm weather is here, but this is a bit much!!
@sid556 (31018)
the weather is so weird these days isn't it? I don't understand the global warming issue at all. I'm in New England which is known for erratic weather. It is near zero degrees here and maybe lower with the windchill. It is painful to stand outside for more than a minute or two. Even Florida got hit hard with some pretty cold weather and people here migrate there to escape the cold! A news article related of a couple that went to florida on their vacation and ended up spending their spending money on winter clothes!
I am in Idaho and am already tired of snow. The snow will be back tomorrow and Sunday. My husband tries hard to shovel, but then the city plows it and blocks our walkway and our mailbox. My husband has a bad back and has been getting hurt the last couple of days. Yesterday he had to force himself out of bed and he was in so much pain. It has been in the teens all day today, but because my husband and I are trying hard to save money we have to keep the heat turned off. (we have Electric heat and our electric bill has been high).
@erikmama (12934)
Wow.I can't imagine what you guys saw up there and here I was complaining about what we got!! I am sorry to hear about your husbands back/Atleast the snow is gone now but the heat is something else too.
Well I am from Mississippi so I totally now how you feel there. It snowed here about 3 weeks ago & our kids were so happy. They loved it. It did snow here last year also but we were in New Mexico for 6 months & missed it so they have not seen snow before either until this year. They are patiently waiting on it to happen again. I do not like the cold that comes with it either but on the other hand I just look at it as if it is gonna be that cold I am glad there is snow with it. It has been raining here today non- stop and they are saying that it is suppose to turn into ice. It has not happened yet. I hope that it does not either. I would much rather have snow than I would ice, I am sure that everyone else would to though. Glad that your little one finally got to see the snow for the first time & play in it. Have fun with your first snowman together.
@erikmama (12934)
I remember how much I loved snow when I was little.I was so glad my little one finally got to see it. He is always talking about a snow angel, so of course that was the first thing he done. Now the snow is so cold I cant stand it to long. The winter was pretty fierce here, and so far the summer has to.We've had several days make it into the 100 degree mark.I guess down there in MS you are fdoing about the same...
Oh how I wish I could have seen your little son's face when he first saw this snow coming down. Now that is priceless! I can't believe it's been six years since you've seen snow? Wow. Are you in the area that I saw on the tv weather channel that is suppose to get all that snow coming in? Be prepared if it's you. I'm in Ohio and it snowed a little today, but it's bitter cold. It's suppose to warm up a little next week with temps in the 30s, and I'll take it compared to the teens...brrr.
@erikmama (12934)
It is headed for you as soon as it decided to leave us. Oh yes, he was very excited and was ready to go out there in just his iunderwear!! All he has talked about for atleast a year is making a snow anngel.We had a few flurries a few weeks ago but it didnt even stick. Now it is covered and he can make one! Hes a happy camper right now!!
We too got snow over the weekend, but I don't think that we got as much snow as you all did in Nashville. We got about 3-4 inches of really powdery snow, nothing that we were really able to play in, but it was beautiful none the less. It is normal for us to get some snow over the course of a winter here in Lexington, but we don't seem to get sizable snows like I remember getting when I was a child. My daughter wanted to go sledding, but I didn't feel that the snow was right for sledding, so we just enjoyed it from the comfort of our home.
@emine08 (1531)
yeah, snow is fantastic. I live in tropical country so I couldn't see snow. But I like rainy season in my country.
@gabs8513 (48803)
That is great We had a bit again yesterday but not much, the Weather is freezing here though we are in the - again This has been an awful Winter lol I loved the Snow but not the - Temperatures
Snow is amazing! I live in Wilson, so it does not snow all that much! I'm eating snow cream now as we speak- it leaves a beautiful taste in my mouth. Actually, it leaves a crunchy feeling. This is because it is kind of sleeting, but regardless, it is beautiful outside!
nice. that is not a miracle. every thing is impossible to happen. but anyway i do like snow , but in this country there is no snow. i wish to have a snow storm here so i can experience the falling snow and then i can play with a snow.
yuck. I hate snow. Here in Illinois it's just very cold. I'm wishing for summer.
@barehugs (8992)
I'm in the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas USA, just minutes from Mexico,it snows here on average, once in 100 years. The sad thing is, I am a Canadian who drives 2000 miles to escape the snow and ice of our Canadian winters. I've had enough snow and ice to last me forever, and besides I love to go swimming, and ride my bicycle every day. Oh Yes! I do go back home to Canada when the snow melts in April!