Is Kobe Bryant the next Michael Jordan?

@erikmama (12934)
I heard on a show today that they thought Kobe was up their with the great Michael Jordan. Now,I dont keep up with basketball as much as I use to,but I dont think Kobe is anywhere near the same leauge as MJ. Michael Jordan is one of THE BEST basketball players ever,and I dont think Kobe can come close... What do you think?
@cperry (147)
Michael Jordan looked almost like he could fly in his prime when he dunked the ball from the free throw line. Michael "Air" Jordan was the greatest. Kobe and Lebron James are the greatest in the the game right now but there will never be another Jordan. Jordan is legend because he never let me down in a championship game. It was like money in the bank when the Bulls played in the championship while Michael Jordan was there.
@erikmama (12934)
That's exactly right,and just because someone is the best currently doesnt make one of the best ever.There will never be another Michael Jordan.Something about the intials of MJ just make you special... Kobe is far from being as good as Michael and people telling him this makes him feel better than he is...
@bounce58 (17526)
After I discovered hockey a few years back, I've lost interest in basketball and the NBA. Yes, I did follow Jordan when he was at the top of his game. And I did think he was the best. But not Kobe. I've lost respect for Kobe, after those rape charges against him were raised. Now, everytime I see him, I just think of that case. So, no. Not Kobe, and Jordan is still the best for me.
@erikmama (12934)
I think sometimes money grubbing women do things to extort money from celebs. Sleep with them, make accusations because they know they have families and money and theyll pay them off to shut them up.Not saying this is what happened with Kobe, but... I dont like him.And I dont kep up with babll to often myself.But Michael Jordan? I cant believe thse people even mention him in the same line as MJ. MJ was THE BEST...There are so many great past and prestn players who were great ans still not in the same category as MJ. Kobe is far from his level.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I totally agree with you all the way. Michael Jordan is the best and at this time no one can beat him. Don't get me wrong Kobe is good but not Michael Jordan by a long shot, in my opinion.
@erikmama (12934)
There are lots of great basketball players in the NBA, but there are not many who can even come close to being as good as Mike. Michael Jordan got me into bball.I remember his tounge hanging out and him flying through the air and SLAM!! OMG!! People want to compare Kobe to that?NO!!LOL!!LOL!!
I think that Kobe may well be the standout in professional basketball during this period of time, but I don't think that he is nearly as impressive as Michael Jordan was. Wow, back then there were lots of stars that really stood out and I will admit that I don't follow professional sports the way that I used to, but I really can't think of many true standouts in professional basketball during this period of time.