The Super Bowl A Holiday?

@erikmama (12935)
I heard New Orleans is letting people off on the Monday after the Super Bowl, and they want to make it a holiday. Do you think it should be a holiday?
it should be a holiday for the two cities that make the Super Bowl. People are going to throw or go to parties and if their team wins, there will be a celebration. This is New Orleans first time going to the super Bowl, They are ding the right and safe thing. Everybody will party all night. No one wants a badly hung over,sleep deprived school bus drivers.
@erikmama (12935)
No,but thats where being an adult steps in...You know even with the Super Bowl you have to go to work the net day.Its football for sakes!! If you go out and party all night on Friday and have to work on Sat.you knew that before hand. I know schools that just started allowing kids to stay home on MLK jrs birthday...He is a important part of our past.
Being an adult is one thing and being a die hard fan is another! I like the idea of giving the city a day to get back to " nomrmal" before anyone attempts to go back to work.
@lelin1123 (15647)
• Puerto Rico
I can't believe it NO not at all. Do people get a day off for the World Series. For any other sport series do people get a day off. Its just the Super Bowl give me a break. I guess I feel this way because I could care less about football. The best thing about the super bowl are the new commercials. Thats about it.
@erikmama (12935)
I dont care about it either and dont think it should be a holiday. I think it just goes to show that football is a major thing here in the US.Its crazy that they think it should be a holiday!! I can think of many other events that should be a holiday. Heck, mamas deserve 2 Mothers Days!!
@lelin1123 (15647)
• Puerto Rico
Thats true 2 Mother's day would be great. Anyway thanks for the best response nod.
@hbk2244 (180)
Honestly, its not that bad of an idea. The Super Bowl is the single largest sporting event in the U.S. On top of that, I'd say 80% of people in the U.S watch the game. On the other hand, the U.S. should make Sept. 11 a "day off" type holiday before they give us the day after the Super Bowl off
@erikmama (12935)
I think football is also the best sport, but that is just our opinion and I am sure plenty of people would also disagree with us/ Hey, i'm all for more days off from work, but I think that calling it an official holiday is taking it a bit overboard, especially when there are so many other important things that should be considered a holiday!
I am from Canada and my understanding was or still is.. the day after the super bowl happens to be thanks giving weekend???
@erikmama (12935)
No, Super Bowl use to be in January each year,but it keeps getting later and later and is going to be Feb.this year.But why should this be a holiday especially right after all of these other holidays?
Do I think it should be a holiday? No, not in any way shape or form. But, that is just my opinion. It isn't just New Orleans that is letting some people have the day after Super Bowl off. In Indianapolis, they Catholic schools have already decided that they are not going to have classes on the Monday following the Super Bowl. I don't know if this is so that the students and parents can celebrate or if it simply because of the fact that there will be many people that will be up late watching the game.
@erikmama (12935)
Yes, there are lots of cities allowing people the day off schol out etc and ths is what started the topic of it becoming a holiday. I dont think it should be a holiday weither because you know the next day theres work school or what have you. Why should the Super Bowl be a holiday? There are many sports with playoffs and championships.Many other important things that should be a holiday.Not the Super Bowl.