Constipation and Alli

I habe been taking the fda approved Alli for some time now, and it has helped me to lose some weight. I amw atching what I am eating, but perhaps a little too much? My issue is I am no longer "regular," even though my diet consists of plenty of fiber, veggies, fruit, and whole grains. Could it be due to the Alli? Or could the constipation be due to watching the fat intake alittle too much? Maybe I should eat a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter cups or something? Since I am adhering to the diet plan, I am starting to think the Alli could be blocking what little fat I do consume? What do you recommend I do? I drink plenty of water, too.
Do you do some exercise when you on diet? I think sports can accelerate the move of metebolism of the large intestin.
I exercise everyday, especially walking. I have also heard the same thing, that exercising can help movement in the intestines. However, my question is more concerned with the Alli I am taking, too. Thanks for your reply!
@Bookmite (53)
You are probably already doing this, but just in case, eat some healthy fats (mono and poly) and just avoid the trans fats and the saturated fats. You can eat up to 30 grams of fat per day, according to my doctor, but no more than 15 grams of saturated fat (the less the better of that) and absolutely no trans fats. I do believe that cutting too much fat out of the diet is one of the causes of constipation. On a side note, a study was done at Ohio State University in which people who included safflower oil in their daily diet lost belly fat. It is a little more expensive but it is good for you -- one of the healthy fats along with extra virgin olive oil, so you may want to try this and see if it helps you trim your tummy and get rid of your irregularity.
Hello yes it might be due to this pills,for your information I never used any kind of pills,becoz i am afraid that may do more harm then good, for keeping weight in control i do yogic breathing exercises as taught by Ramdeb baba of India, it helps a lot.. why not try that? Thanks for sharing. Welcome always. Cheers. Professor
@deebomb (15323)
Alli prevents the intestine from absorbing the fat. In fact you probably should be having more and loose stools instead of being constipated according to MayoClinic.com.