Wake up too early?

I am waking up too early! I am wondering how can a person train themselves to sleep in longer, or is it a function of our internal circadian rythym or sleep ryhtym? I have always been an early bird, too. Is there a scientific name or category for early birds? I know the saying early to bed, early to rise makes a woman healthy, wealthy, and wise very well. Also I do not want to take any kinds of meds to learn how to sleep in longer in the morning. What do you do to get more sleep? I usually go to bed about 8:00 pm. Do you think that could be too early? I am also wondering what kinds of foods can help me sleep.
@KMaroon (269)
Hi Towongfoo I think for me sleeping at 8.00 pm is too early and that is the reason why you can get up early. I sleep at 1.00 or 1.30 in the night and get up at 6.00 A.M. in the morning because I have to prepare breakfast for my kids to send them to school and I don't sleep in the afternoons because I have household work to do and I should bring my children my children from school in the evening after that I have to sit with them to help them in their studies and so on I am very busy all the day. So, I have no time to sleep. Have a nice day
I envy you getting to go to sleep at 1:00 or beyond. My cut off time is 12:45. If I go to bed from 12:45 on, my whole next day is messed up (tired and weary). And you are very busy which makes me wonder how you do it? Wow.
@KMaroon (269)
Hi Rob the Rock It is hard to work without sleep, I can do it because I got habituated doing so. It is just like commitment for me because my children are very small and I have to look after them and my husband is very busy in his office and he reaches home by 12.45 to 1.00 at night, he helps me when he is at home. It is nothing hard because once you get habituated to work and feel responsible you forget to sleep and you will have only one thing in your mind how to complete the work. I too get up late in the morning by 9.00 A.M. but only on Sundays. I get up late in the morning weekly once. In fact I think how nice it would be 28 hours a day instead of 24hours a day so that I can complete my incomplete work. Did you ever feel so?
@rleankus (113)
Lucky that you wake up early in the morning.I have a problem falling asleep and have a problem waking up.so usually I go to sleep and wake up being late for everything making all my day to day life a disaster.
I have this problem just like you. Falling asleep seems so hard. When I started taking a few mg of Melatonin - natural hormone that is produced in no-light situations to help start the sleep cycle - my sleep habits became so much better.
• Estonia
Hmm, that's really a tough question. I think that if you feel fresh and fine when you wake up in the morning, then let it be so. Sometimes I sleep for too long, just because I enjoy sleeping, but then, when I finally get up, my head is hurting badly and I feel sick, so it isn't good to sleep for too long. You say you go to bed at 8pm. That's quite early for me, I personally tend to go to bed around 11-12pm and I am definitely not going to wake up early in the morning, I get out of bed at noon I think. But it's all about your personal habits and preferences, people are different and so are is different amount of rest that they need to have. If you really want to wake up later, try going to bed later.
Very true, personal habits, choices, sleeping time effect the circadian rhythms quite a bit. It seems that her personal habit to sleep at 8pm - would make her wake up early too. I also get the whole long sleeping and a giant headache at the end too. I wonder what time she does sleep.
@lymevat (47)
i think you are not only wake up early but also go to bed early. i always sleep about 11:30pm and never before 10 pm. i wake up at 9 am on working days, even at 1 pm in the weeken. it'is hard for me to get up early even though i use three alarm clock. i hope i can wake up early that i can do some execise and enjoy the fresh air. but i always can do it in my dream.
I am so used to sleep 6 hours a day and I would wake up automatically when it has been 6 hours of rest. Sometimes I slept quite early but still wake up early though I try to sleep for a longer time and that is bad sometimes. 8pm is not that early for my opinion, but in order to sleep longer, all it takes is just comfortable surrounding, make sure the air-condition is on and that would be perfect!
@chandush (25)
yes,waking up too early is good for health to every one as the saying goes " early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise". But for some people, they go on shift-wise jobs like noon shifts,night shifts etc. hence cannot able themselves to sleep in nights as they return to their houses early in the morning. such people can only wake up only too late from their day sleep as they cannot sleep at night. As for myself, I sleep by 10.30 pm and wake up by 6.00am in the morning to prepare breakfast for my kid, husband and my in-laws. I also prepare lunch at the same time to pack lunch boxes for them. Thus making myself a little bit healthy. If I wake up so early I am able to keep myself fit and fine. So waking up early ( not too early) helps me a lot.
@jules67 (2790)
They say that getting a hot shower before sleeping and taking hot milk helps you have a good sleep. It is nice if you do things naturally. Also, sleeping habits have something to do with it.
Yes,I think that you go to bed too early.Scientific study has showed that 8:00pm is the best time for someone to work.So we can have high performance in this time.If you want to sleep longer ,you can lay a banana beside your pillow.
My problem is that I am waking up too late.I go to bed about 12 pm but wake up at 10 am the next day.I think people sleep 7 to 8 hours is better.Too short or too long is not healthy.You say you go to bed about 8 pm,so you would wake up early because you can't sleep to long.So you can go to bed a little bit late.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Yes I think that is the Problem in your Case I am an early riser even now when I am not able to work anymore, I guess all the Years of early getting up has just stayed programmed lol but I don't go to bed till about 11pm sometimes later but still wake at 6am sometimes earlier But I think you going to bed at 8pm might be your Problem, try going to bed Later and see if that works
@RobtheRock (2485)
Eight in the evening. If you're lucky enough to sleep for eight hours, I can see why you wake up toooo early. It will be rough to change your rhythm, but you count the number of hours you actually sleep from the time you go to bed. I'd say force yourself to be busy until the time you'll need to go to sleep. Maybe even excercise. Then you should find yourself with a rhythm where you're not getting up too early.
@ElicBxn (60894)
8 hours of sleep is normal, so if you are going to bed at 8 p.m., then 8 hours would get you up at 4 a.m.
i must have to wake up early , because i have a lots work to do even if it is not time to submit the work i am going to wake up early to do my assignments and for not to be late in the school.