15th february is SINGLE'S DAY

well there has been a lot of talks about valentine's day,and how you are going to spend it and with whom,what you will do and all those couple staffs...but have anybody of you rhought about the sngles?????those who are singles should be given a look as well...let us all mylotters make 15th february the singles day...
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
That sounds fine, but what do you suppose we that are not single do on that day? Think about it and let me know. TATA
just like us the singles stay in our home and sit in our bed and think when we will become double in valentines day you double will sit in your home and think how fun it would have been when single's day would have been there when we were single
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
Now, that is what i call an unfair answer. Beign single doesn,t mean you have to have a special person in your life to enjoy valentinesday. It is overrated in any way. To just go out with a friend or friends or have some fun for the day, also counts as a special day.
I couldn't agree more, there is nothing wrong with being single even if for some reason society sees it as being strange.
It sounds like it could be a good enough idea. I have just one question about declaring February 15th to be singles day. How would a single person go about celebrating this day? The only thought that I have is that they could go to the store and buy the leftover Valentines stuff for half price. Hmm, it couldn't be any better than that because you would still get goodies and you'd be saving money at the same time.
Funnily the idea of singles day is not new, I believe the idea for it started in the 90's where the proposed date was the 11th Novemeber, because it consisted of 4 1's (11/11) and as 1 is the loneliest number. The thing is what would you do on a Single's day? Those single people who don't want to be single really don't want a reminder that they are alone in societies eyes. Whilst those single people who are happy with their single status do not want to be singled out by a society which for some reason feels pity for those not in a relationship. Whilst I can see why many people think that a single's day would be a good idea, and a bit of fun. It would be another excuse for mass commericialism where you can buy a card to send to your single friend and either remind them of their loneliness or annoy them instead. And to finish with as a happily single person, if some said to me of February 15th or any other day, Happy Singles day we feel for you. I would more than likely get seriously peeved no matter how good their misguided intentions were.
@cybersoft01 (1287)
That's a great idea. We must have a day dedicated to singles. Although I am not a single yet I would like to celebrate 15th February as singles day. Hope more and more mylotters help make our wish a success.