Your general appearance and expressions have a lot to do with impression crea...

Appearances - Sour expression
@kiran8 (15398)
Mangalore, India
Friends earlier I never attached too much importance to this aspect.But of late I am realising that Your general appearance meaning hoiw you are dressed and carry yourself and your facial expressions have a lot to do with the impression you make on othres around you and in turn it reflects on your own personality.I have a relative who I meet on and off at weddings,family get togethers, in the fish market,grocery shop etc; etc;. She no doubt has her own share of difficulties but she always used to look as if the sky had fallen over her head. Oiled hair tightly pulled back and dressed in unbecoming clothes and perpetually with a sour,grumpy expression, most people avoided her.I too tried my best to have very little to do with her because she would leave me feeling depressed and morose.In fact Most people referred to her as that Grumpy old woman! Then she was not to be seen for sometime, and the other day I came across her and was pleasantly shocked/surprised/happy to see her . She had gone visiting her married daughter and I am sure the daughter had tackled her well. She looked neat, her hair loose and making her look years younger, in fact she was not very old...She also had a smile on her face and spoke to me about her experiences at Mumbai and she seemed a different person altogether.....It made me think how one can yake control of ones life and personality by taking care of ones appearance and generally being pleasant and positive ...what do you all think? any experiences of your own? please do share friends...
@Roseo8 (2947)
hello Kiran,it is very essential to pay attention to your general appearance and how you project yourself becaause of two reasons.... Most people judge you by your appearance....Whether your clothes are neat,washed and pressed,how expensive they are and how you carry yourself in those clothes....and people give lots of importance to dressing right for any occasion.... Secondly dressing sensibly and carefully helps to project your over all personality ,and even helps to lift you confidence and gives a real boost to your ego ,when you are dressed well and people compliment you for that... Gone are the days when our clothes where meant as a protective covering to our body...Today they have become a fashion symbol irrespective of age or gender...And it is up to each of us to chose the right clothes to improve our general appearance and also to act as a booster to our moods......
@kiran8 (15398)
• Mangalore, India
Hi Roseo, thanks a lot for your response, exactly my feelings regarding the subject. To day even my maid is very careful with her appearance.On the days when she has to help me with cleaning the fans and removing cobwebs she brings an extra change of dress so that she looks neat while going home - yes we need to care for our appearance and attitude ...all the best Roseo and have a great evening
@Roseo8 (2947)
wow...thanks for the BR Kiran.....
@kiran8 (15398)
• Mangalore, India
You are most welcome Roseo, you did deserve it....all the best and happy mylotting
@mutpal74 (314)
Yes todays corporate world attire counts a lot.People started making their first impression from your attire .But who knows what lies inside you!!May be you are a genius. so they are going to be a loser or gainer?You decide.
@kiran8 (15398)
• Mangalore, India
Hi mutpal, i am sure the corporate world has different yard sticks of judging people, otherwise they wouldn't be where they are....They give the right amount of importance to the different qualities that they are looking for in their recruits - all the best and happy mylotting
@towongfoo27 (2989)
Although I have been told I carry myself well, I also believe that first impressions can be misleading because they focus on appearances. The person beyond the appearance may be completely different as you found out, right? What does it say about our culture when we are always looking to appearances? However body language does make a difference, too, but what if he or she is just having a bad day? If they express it through body language, does that make them unapproachable, too? Just food for thought, yes? I met a man yesterday that looked completely gruff, yet when I talked to him, he was the biggest teddy bear!
@kiran8 (15398)
• Mangalore, India
Hi towongfoo, I agree that one cannot go by first impressions, here what I was talking about is the way you come across to others over a period of time. The lady I was discussing was really unpleasant to begin with, but something made her change which was really appreciable....One can, no doubt misjudge people sometimes , so its better not to make any judgments without being sure - all the best and happy mylotting
@deenaly (162)
I agree. Expressions and appearances are important have a lot to do with peoples' impression, especially first impression. I always wear simple t-shirt with no collar, and bring with me bags which we always bring to school. Even though I'm already a final year student, some lecturers perceive me as I'm a first year student. A friend of mine always have this sour expression. people would get goosebumps just by sitting besides him.
@kiran8 (15398)
• Mangalore, India
Hi deenaly, Yes very true , our expressions and mannerisms leave a mark, and, it is better to cultivate the positive attitude and also the right way of dealing with situations in life - all the best and happy mylotting
yeah everyone has its own way to have a expressions all we have to do is start a simple feeling that we are happy don't get yourself caught by sadness and sorrows.. Always be happy at all times..
@kiran8 (15398)
• Mangalore, India
Hi john, yes once you make up your mind that nothing is going to get you, things become far more simple . I too feel that taking a positive approach is the best solution for any calamities in life - all the best and happy mylotting
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Interesting, I wonder if she might have been depressed. Sure, your appearance and your expression and your general demeanor can make a huge difference in how people perceive you. No doubt about it.
@kiran8 (15398)
• Mangalore, India
I suppose she was depressed and had a negative approach oif life, and the daughter must have found her trying as well LOL, so tackled her in the right manner....people have so much potential, if only they realised and channelised it in the right direction...
I agree if one lives a very negative life and always with a sloppy appearence and poor outlook others will tend to get negative impression of us. I start each day doing something for myself after all the kids have gone to school and i have time for myself. I make sure you take each bad or trying situation and see the positive in it. I enjoy being around people and if im in a negative way i know people will shy away from me. I also hate to be around people that will bring me down. I am a good listener but if someone is constantly negative and always seeing the bad in every situation i do try to avoid those types of people.
@kiran8 (15398)
• Mangalore, India
Hi good2go, there is so much sense in what you say....It is always argued that appearances and looks are not everything, but sometimes they are. When you see a person for the very first time you always remember her/his looks and the impression one makes.I too hate negative people who are constantly complaining and grumbling about one thing or the other.We all have our share of worries and troubles, but there is no point in off loading it on others, rather tackle them yourself by analysing it..
@yugasini (12839)
• Anantapur, India
hi kiran, that is correct,one of my friend also doing same as your friend is doing,he and his wife are employes both are getting more than 25 thousands per head per month,having own house and own lands,still he is miser and caliculating about his income and asking others how much increment,retirement benifits are comming,he is not at all spend money for other and his own food also,have a nice day
@kiran8 (15398)
• Mangalore, India
Hi yugasini, I feel lfe is to be lived well , of course within ones means.Why not have a good time today instead of hoarding for an unknown tomorrow.One can plan in such a way both are taken care of. Before they know it, their lives will be over with no time left for anything that they may want to do, so better to make the best of each day, thats my feeling
@bhanusb (5709)
May be Mumbai changed her. She saw there many smart girls. I hope once she will be 'old is gold' like you.
@kiran8 (15398)
• Mangalore, India
Bhanu, ho are you talking about ? Your wife ? ....Thanks a lot for the compliment, but I dont feel old at allMumbai , I am sure has changed many many people , for the better or worse is for them to decide - all the best Bhanu and happy mylotting
@kalav56 (11502)
Absoluely true Kiran!I always believed in this.I used to be verywell dressed[no special makeup except for a mild dab of powder and Bindhi] , but as you know me, I always buy very good sarees and used to wear them neatly when I took classes for CAT training institutes.At home too, with my students I used to be neat and presentable; this added to my personality and people also used to look up to me. It naturally adds to our bearing an d confidence.None of us are Aishwarya Rais but there is no harm in looking neat and presentable.
@kiran8 (15398)
• Mangalore, India
Hi kala, you have put it very well....I remember my college days and the lecturers we admired and remembered were always the ones who looked presentable and stood out from he rest. And if they were good at their job then they were adored by all the students....I think we should try to look neat and tidy all the time - all the best kala
@grakesh (88)
I agree with you. Dress code and body language are the most important things. In one research, it is found that body languages pays 93% impact about a new person without taking single word with him. This shows how the body language is important. Body language tells how you are doing, your attitude like that. It is very essential thing in our life. I seen so many persons and changed my body language. Now i am thankful to all of them who changed my life.
@kiran8 (15398)
• Mangalore, India
Hi rakesh, Thanks a lot for your response. Yes I too feel that even if one is not working it is important to take care of yourself and appear good at all times. An unkempt look only puts off others and doesnt do you any good and whether you have problems or not, it is better to be positive in life ....All the best and happy mylotting