Thinking about buying a juicer

After watching a paid programming ad on tv, I am now interested in buying a juicer. It would be awesome to have fresh juice in the morning that isn't artificially sweetened with sucralose or corn syrup, too. Only thing is, buying the power juicer from the paid programming ad is too expensive for my budget. Does anyone know any websites where I can purchase a cheaper juicer? Have you had the experience of owning a juicer? What is it like? I know there must be many health benefits, too, right? I think my favorite juice would consist of fresh berries, and a banana. how about you? If you owned a juicer, what would be your favorite vegetable and fruit combinations to drink?
@jb78000 (15173)
if you want to make smoothies then you can just use a blender - you don't need to get a juicer. my blender cost i think £10 new but second hand or smaller ones would be cheaper. i make smoothies with various fruits sometimes - usually involve an apple and some berries - i find bananas a bit too sweet.
@sacmom (14315)
Blenders are great for smoothies, but when it comes to fresh fruit and vegetable juice drinks, a juicer is the only way to go.
AS already said, you can use a blender for some juices. If you want to do berries and bananas I would use a blender - as you can't put bananas througha juicer. Juicers are good for things like oranges, apples and vegetable juices etc. I've had a couple and I love orange, cucumber and mint juice - it might sound odd, but it's so refreshing. My words of warning would be that you get a lot of waste - all the pulp from the fruit, and it used to upset me to be throwing that away - perhaps someone on here has a good suggestion of what to use that for... Also, it can work out quite expensive as you end up getting througha LOT of fruit and veg. That said, the juice at the end end is worth it!
I was also disappointed with all the pulp that was wasted but when I did carrots, my grandma made delicious carrot muffins with it.
• Vietnam
I think you will find more infomation about juicer at topjuicerbestreview.net, website show you which juicer is best for you, and where you should buy.
hie towongfoo, if you often take juice, then investing in a juicer is a wise move. there are many brands in the market. you have to be deligent and check them out.in my country, there are all kinds of brands, local and imported. some are rather cheap especially the local brands. do the checking and buy during sales. i like to take orange juice. so i just buy the orange squeezer which is mechanical, using my palm of my hands. it is made of plastic and very easy to clean. i just rinse it under the tap water after using.
I did not se this infomercial so do not know what the price is on this item. However, sometimes its better to pay more as the product will be made better and last longer. I gave an Omega Juicer and its made in America and came with an nice warranty. I juice carrots with and apple, good post workout.
@verabear (797)
My mom uses a juicer, but it isn't really to make fruit juices, more on fruit-veggie combinations. Someone here mentioned that you can't put bananas on it and that's right. Our juicer is kind of middle range, not too pricey but not the most expensive either and it's been working well so far. There was a time when it wouldn't work, but my mom just let it be for a few days before trying it again and it worked right back, funny that one. The health benefits are tremendous. Sometimes instead of eating an actual meal, my mom just drinks the juices she make there.
This may not be one of my most hottest topics but I had 2 of them there nice, they do the job, you can do just about anything you want as juice goes but back up a little, here's the other side of it, you can use all kinds of fruit sooner or later your going to get tired of it unless you really like it but chances are becuase you have to clean it every time like it's the first time & you need to find a place to set it & some places theres no room so your always packing it away & it's the cost of the fruit or whatever your useing at times the prep work will get to ya, but really I think there great! do the simple mixes like any berrys bannas apples oranges anything that doesn't require alot of prep & a splash of some other liquid thats if you like the smothies & wala that will at least keep ya using it & great for energy & people on the run keep it simple & fun..
@smacksman (6074)
I already have this amazing appliance - a hand! haha I cut an orange and squeeze it. Amazing!
Hi towongfoo27! I have a juicer... It was a gift actually. I usually buy those fresh juices nectar and was really happy to receive that gift. Well I think I am lucky for it is really expensive... I like to combine fresh carrots, apples, cucumber and oranges. The taste is really good and it is very healthy. Though I haven't try combining berries and bananas, I am sure it taste good as well... Is there a black decker brand or store in your place? I think it is a bit cheaper... Or try to check appliance center shops, I am sure they have.
I have the Jack Lalaine juicer, I think it was also on the informercial, but I bought my at the local Brandsmart when they had a Presidents day sale. I love having fresh juice, I bought primarily so the kids wouldn't being drinking beverages full of sugar all day. They love the juice especially the fruit blends. I have been able to sneak a few veggies in there too! Carrots seem to be pretty easy to mix with fruit without you being able to taste them. I think our most favorite though was when I made juice out of apples, grapes, peaches, strawberries and blueberries. Try to find a juicer at your local electronic store like best buy or brandsmart. They even have them at Target and Kmart.
@MrKennedy (1994)
From my experience, juicers are generally more hassles than what they are actually worth For starters, you need lots of fruit to squeeze enough juice for a single glass-full, and once you are finished, there is a lot of sticky mess that need cleaning up. If I were you, I would just go for a blender.
@LaurenInLA (2272)
I bought a juicer about five years ago. Like you, those on television were far too expensive and I bought mine at the local department store. There's a lot of clean up involved and I don't use mine as much as I thought that it would. This year, an organic farmer's market opened up a couple of blocks from my home so I decided to pull out the old juicer and to get juicing again. I'm always looking for lower calorie things so my favorite juice is a combination of celery, cucumber, squash and a half an apple thrown in to add a touch of sweetness. No matter what kind of juice you make, you will find it so much tastier than the juices that you buy frozen or bottled. I don't usually juice fruits except to add a touch of sweetness because of the calories which IMO is the big downside to juicing. Some of the people that recommend juicing like Jack LaLane drink juice instead of cosuming their calories. He's is great shape and is a highly disciplined man but I'm not sure that I have that same level of commitment. Think about how many calories are in the juice and how full you would feel if you ate the same quantity of veggies as opposed to juicing them.
@sacmom (14315)
I don't know of any web sites that have cheaper juicers, but I think places like Wal-Mart carry them. The problem with the cheaper ones is that they don't do a very good job and tend to break after a short period of time. Plus there is a lot of food preparation that goes along with the cheaper juicers, but worst of all is the darn things always seem to bog down even if you only put a little bit of fruit or vegetables in at a time. I've had a few juicers through the years. Cheap brands as well as the more pricey ones. I currently have a Breville Juice Fountain. Definitely not cheap, but worth the price in my opinion. I just need to start using it again. My favorite veggie combination has got to be carrots, celery, and romaine. It's simple and basic, but it's a good one to start with. Sometimes I'd even add things like parsley and radishes to it or use spinach instead of romaine. The radishes definitely give it a lot of kick so you certainly don't need a lot to notice it. Orange and apple is probably my favorite fruit juice drink, though for some reason I prefer the veggie juice more. I have to add that the power juicer's a good one too. Did you know that they have a payment plan? And by what I saw on their site they even have a buy one get one free Internet offer going on right now. You might want to check it out. The web site is listed below. I hope this helps! : http://www.powerjuicer.com/power-juicer-express.html