I almost burned up my coffee pot!

That's right it was a very scarey moment this morning. See, my alarm goes off and I push the snooze and hit the button on my coffee maker. But then when my alarm goes off I see that there is no coffee in the pot! I was like what the...? Then I realized I hadn't put water in it the night before. I had put the filter and coffee in it but forgot the water! I let it cool a bit and made another pot! sheesh! That was too close! You ever done something like that?
@commanderxo (1496)
If I have coffee, I like the instant kind.....so.....back in the "old days" (hehehe), I once filled the kettle...put it on the burner, and turned on the stove. Then fell asleep. Naturally, the water boiled away. I woke up the next morning to an awful burnt metal odor, and a kettle with a glowing red bottom. Now I only use a kettle that shuts itself off, provided I put water in it. Believe it or not, I've even forgotten to that on occasion. cdrxo
lol! I have burned up a kettle or two in my day too!Those were the days! I can believe we forget such things. I guess we just get our minds on so many other things we forget the small stuff!!
I think it was my mind that day, that WAS the small stuff! Indeed, those were the days. cdrxo
@liannejc (57)
Yes indeed. Was steaming my snacks in the office when I was called for an emergency. I had to take my patient to the hospital and quick. I totally forget the snacks and the alarm goes off. I was on safety committee hearing the next day. What a ahame.
lol! So much for the safety committee! I guess these types of things happen to the best of us huh?
That is a bad feeling. I know becuase once I was catering an event with my mom and we had a coffe carafe with a burner under it. The coffee had run out and the carafe all of a sudden exploded from the bottom. Little shards of glass were everywhere. So consider yourself lucky at least you didn't have broken glass just no coffee. Welcome to the third Monday of the week. ;o)
OMG!! I was very fortunate to still have a pot! I didn't know what I would do for coffee if I had messed up the caffee maker! I'm glad it didn't explode!