If you had no desire to eat would you eat?

I had surgery in August and I have no appetite to eat anything. I find I have to eat just to have food in my belly. gastric bypass worked very well for me but golly I want to eat and want to do it as well. It's after 1pm and I still have not eaten anything. I find I am drinking more than eating.
Well for one you need to eat something eat a banana or a handful of nuts. And if you take meds most meds require you to eat before you take them so they don't mess up your stomach.
I could never eat a banana lol.. I hate the smell of them as well. I have been eating nuts as well Thanks for the nice help
@ElicBxn (60772)
The roomie had one just a couple of months ago and she has to remember to eat. Now, almost 8 weeks out, she's going to try and get back on the diet we were on before the surgery - of course, she still can't have raw veggies or fruit
@kaylachan (4776)
For me I've had to force myself to eat most of the time. Quite often I'll "feel fine" but in fact my blood sugar is actually low. To avoid a sudden crash from having it drop dangerously low, I put myself on a schedule. You should still do the same, even if its something small to keep you from getting sick. Because sometimes you can "feel fine" but still have something just waiting to go wrong.
@carpenter5 (6786)
While the gastric bypass surgery worked well for my grandmother in her weight loss, she too is having issues with not wanting to eat. She has to force herself to do so. Now almot 30 years after having the surgery done (She was one of the very first to have the surgery, it was not FDA approved and still in the test stages) she is having issues with not keeping what she does eat down. Her stomach got so used to having nothing but liquid, that now that she's trying to eat...nothing wants to digest. Please be careful!
@myfb2009 (8304)
I ever came across a few times in my life, where i don't have appetite to eat due to when i am having terrible flu. At that time, my tongue would feel tasteless no matter how delicious food i am eating. If i came across that kind of situation, i will prefer to drink more orange juice, as it can brought back our appetite. I ever tried it a few times and it really works well on me. So, i think to stay healthy and fine, it's necessary to eat some food, no matter how bad is our appetite. Hope you try my recipe of recovering my appetite, whenever you came across, loss of appetite.
@samafayla33 (1857)
agitation and boredom. I do the same thing but no bypass surgery. Go for the healthy stuff. I like veggies, nuts and seeds. You have to stay hydrated so allow yourself to have that juice, tea or whatever it is that you need to drink. Drinking is good don't deny yourself of it
@sedel1027 (17855)
I would cut back on what I was drinking or include a liquid meal or two - like slim fast. what does your Dr say about your lack of food intake?
Well, my friend. as long as you still want to eat, that will do just fine. your condition called RECOVERY, hehe.. so recover it indeed. but, to much water will drown your food inside and will not be digested optimally. So, keep the balance, HOW?? Just do it. Hope you be better soon.. so, I'll check your next post titled "recovered" haha..