How can you teach children the value of money?

@pancra (455)
Argentina
I am trying to teach my kids to save. The oldest one is doing all right, but the little one spends all the money he gets.
@happygal68 (3278)
When my boys were little and earned an allowance, I had it set up that some much of the money they earned had to be put back for savings. I got an envelope and wrote the pay dates on it and how much went into the envelope. This way they could actually see how the money grows when do the saving part. I don't know if this would help you out or not, but it sure did help my boys to save instead of spending all the money they received.
@pancra (455)
• Argentina
That is a really good idea! I will start using it right now. Thank you!
You are so very welcome :D
well i guess the younger one is been very much pampered by both u parents....jus try 2 teach him wat is life all about..but for dat u need 2 understand his needs..?? i jus hope his need is'nt only money money and only money...????? try to tecch him de moral n' ethics of life...
@pancra (455)
• Argentina
His needs aren't just about money, he just likes to spend it.