It all started Sunday afternoon

@Trensue (5253)
Sunday afternoon I started having some chest pains. They didn't last long but they felt like someone was gripping the inside of my chest. I was a little worried as my Mother had a pace maker, my Dad has had two heart attacks and my maternal grandparents both died of heart attacks in their late forties. I had read that most people who go to the emergency room with chest pains have gas. So I took medication for gas and waited. Monday I worked, and my husband saw that about every hour or so I would grimace and stop for a few minutes. He made an appointment for my regular doctor. As soon I was off work they took me. An ekg in the doctor's office made him think I should go to the emergency room. I have really BAD veins. I don't know why it is so hard, but very few people can get "a stick" as they call it. My doctor called the emergency room to warn them that I was "a hard stick" and to get someone from the lab. The real story is about to begin - this was just background - momma? should I go on?
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Hard stick? What is that all about? It's something they can treat, right?
@Trensue (5253)
No - some people have very hard veins and it is almost impossible to get an iv in or blood tested. Since they were concerned I may be having a heart attack and time was important they suggested that the most experienced people try and do the work.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Ah, I see. I have small veins, hard to find sometimes, but they do always manage...
@Polly1 (12648)
Oh Gee, I just read your other responses. You sure had an ordeal in the ER. I do hope that you are ok. Please let us know how you are and what is happening with you. Inquiring minds want to know....Its nice to see our Hero Maxine back.
@Trensue (5253)
Oh and there is so much more. The wrap was so tight that my hand went completely numb. They were all getting ready to have their picture taken with the helicopter. I called and finally a nurse came and cut it off and then pulled the curtain closed. I unhooked all the monitors, took off the oxygen and got dressed. When they finally let my husband back in I was just sitting on the chair in the corner waiting to leave. Then came the female doctor. "What are you doing? You can't leave. We believe you might have a serious heart problem." "I just said that I wanted to go home."She kept insisting so I became the woman you all know. "Lady, you didn't even notice that I was off the monitors for 30 minutes. You can't take any blood or give me any medicine."She then said, "Well, you could have a nice dinner and watch tv and rest and we could do a stress test in the morning."I finally signed all the paperwork that said I was leaving against medical advice. I did say that I would come back for the stress test. The doctor told me to drink as much as I could as they would need an iv - and she prescribed valium. I went up and stayed up drinking as much as I could, got up in the morning and drank and took the pill when she told me to. Went to get the stress test and the nice lady said. You can't have taken a valium and you are not suppose to eat or drink for eight hours before the test. I left in tears. Mind you, I am still have chest pains. We schedule the test for the next day.
@Trensue (5253)
And of course this is not the end.
@verabear (797)
How could they still in be in business? Unbelievable! They treat you badly, and then give you the wrong instructions and blame you for it.
@Canellita (12058)
If I wasn't so worried I would berate you for being a drama queen! Now I have to look through all my other messages to see if you did continue!
@Canellita (12058)
Ok, now that I have read the rest of the discussion I am even more concerned. Check in with me.
@Trensue (5253)
Drama Queen my but - leaky heart valve and nerve damage and I think I may post a picture of my wounded arms and hands!!!
@Canellita (12058)
Can it be fixed? Do you have to have surgery?
@cher913 (25890)
i hope you will post and let us know what is going on. i have been having chest issues but i know that my asthma is suddenly way out of control for some odd reason. not sure why. am going to an ent (ear, nose, throat) dr next week so we will see what happens then. then will see if i can get into see my respirologist earlier than the end of march.
@Trensue (5253)
Well, I will continue on with the events, but I most stop and wish you well. I hope your doctors are educated and they find a way to help with your health.
oh my trensue talk about a cliff hanger,you left us wanting' more. Are you okay? I will bet you have Angina ? am I right? Thats the way my hubby sounded when he was told he had Angina Pectoris, Hope thats all as its really treatable. Do let us know and finish the story please. I also have very bad veins and in the hospital I end up with bruises all over both hands. b ut I go to the lab every three months for blood work for my diabetes and the gal there is so good, she only sticks me once and hardly leave a mark.