the word "terrorism""

@udayrao2 (782)
Do you not feel that the word "terrorism" or "terror" is being used more and more day by day- you open the papers and there is not a single page where that word does not appear, and then whether it is the TV Channels, or politician's speeches or even in TV Serials/episodes some sort of reference or insinuation to that "T" word is there!! This is leading to creating a 'fear' or 'terror" itself in the minds of people. At times you get tired of this.
Well yes. We are having to pay more attention now, because of all the Americans have gone through. US is finding more that's going on, because they're payin' attention, thus more news about terrorists.
@udayrao2 (782)
That bword is no more restricted to USA only - it has become a 'global' word !!!!
@udayrao2 (782)
typing mistake it is 'woerd' and not bword
@udayrao2 (782)
sorry, again a spelling mistake for the word- maybe Im in too much of a hurry!!!!!!!!!
@megamatt (14327)
You know, I am noticing this as well. The words "terrorism" and "terror" are being used so much these days. Perhaps to the point of being overused. To the point where they are beginning to lose meaning. The fact is that while the words "terrorism" and "terror" being used will always invoke career, can overkill necessarily be a good thing? Are we just reaching for explanations? Many of the things that are being described would fall into this category, but these terms are being utilized as a crutch. I wish there would be other ways that some of the violent acts would be described. Invoking these words are getting dangerously close to becoming just a cheap ploy to garner a response.
@udayrao2 (782)
I agree - today any article, or news with the word "terror" gets more eyeballs and hits than any other - so this word is just a gimmick to attract readers etc- the real meaning of the word is being lost by over-use
@daliaj (5689)
Yes, I feel that the word terrorism is used a lot in these days. Yesterday, I decided to watch a movie in the evning. I checked in my two favorite channels and found out that both the movies were on the topic 'terrorism'. Terrorism is the threat to the world in this age. I don't understand how people can join terrorist groups and agree to be a human being for no benefit. How will the terrorist organizations get money?
@advokatku (4037)
yes, the words of terror it has become the words common today .... because it was a scary word, in the end the word terror itself is a scary word