How much pain could you take? When would it be enough for you?

I was watching the news and I saw the man who was removed from the rock. I know he is in a lot of pain. He is very hungry and must die from thirst. But,I know he is very happy to be alive right now. I know for a fact I would not want to live. I would not have the strength to go on in that situation. What would it have to be for you to wish god takes you home? I would have to be under that rock. I could only be stressed about that thing falling on me completely.
@qamarep (4448)
• Pakistan
if someone is in that much pain he should divert his attention to the God totally other wise he is going to suffer more.mentally.
That might help some people. You may be right to take your mind off the pain. I would think about shrimps that would help me.
I have a strong will to live. I would want to live through any accident that happened to me. I've had things fall on me that wouldn't kill someone but would cause people a lot of pain and instead of wanting to go straight to the doctor to have it checked out, I wanted to stay at school for the rest of the day. It was a filing cabinet that fell on my ankle and broke it in two places, I ended up having to have surgery, but I was much more concerned about my school work.
@gtloquero (271)
Pain is a broad thing. How much pain I could take? Well, it depends. If that pain is worth fighting for?then why not take it as much as I could. Pain for me is nothing if this is the only thing for me to be stronger and hopeful.
I have high tolerance for physical pain like Lamb. Emotional pain is the one that can bring me down. I am easily hurt and cry a lot.
I'd like to have the pain threshold of Kobe Bryant but I do have quite a high pain threshold. I remember at School I was playing Football and should not really have been at all as I had an infection in my toe which was really nasty and I got tackled by a mate and he knocked my toe and after we went to our next class after lunch break I realised that my sock my covered in blood. To cut a long story short I had to have an operation to remove my big toe nail.
@thuhuong (828)
There are times when I think you don't think about the pain until you've come out of it. I'm sure the man was thinking about how long it'll take for the paramedics to arrive or what his family is thinking right now that he wasn't going to let in to what his body was feeling. I know when my head is spinning with thoughts of what if and how and when, I just have to remember what I can do and what I should be doing to resolve the matter. If I was under the rock I would be worrying about who can hear me, if I had help coming on the way or not. I would not do anything that would bring more pain to my injured area. If I was running low on water, I try to preserve my resources by resting a bit. But when panic comes, I'm famished and dehydrated, that's when drastic measures needs to be followed like wiggling myself away and finding objects to throw around to catch attention. All in all, someone is bound to hear me. Thanks for the discussion! :)
@deedee328 (1127)
As I have given birth to an eight pound baby with no anesthesia, I think it is fair to say that I have a high tolerance for pain. It would take a lot for me to want to die. I still have things I want to do before God calls me home. Like the song Too Old to Die Young says: "Let me watch my children grow to see what they become. Lord don't let that cold wind blow till I'm too old to die young". I have left instructions to pull the plug after three days if I ever have to depend on machines to keep me alive. I figure that if the Lord intends for me to live, then I will. If not, then I shall go to meet Him with open arms. I could not bare to know that I was a burden on my loved ones. It would break my heart to know that they had to watch me suffer. I could not put them through that.