Your Name! Do You Mind if Others Drop the Numbers in Your Username??

@artistry (4154)
I was thinking about this so I thought I would ask. Some of us have numbers as a part of our identification here. Do you mind if others on Mylot drop the numbers in your username when addressing you, since the numbers may mean something special to you? Should they ask you, before they drop the numbers? Is it alright if the numbers are dropped? Please share your thoughts.
@doormouse (4619)
i don't have any numbers in my name,but if i did i wouldn't mind if people didn't include them,i don't tend to add the numbers if i'm replying to them,coz it easier not adding them
@artistry (4154)
...Hi doormouse, You have to kniw that with a name like doormouse you are going to be fine with the premise. Your name evokes a smile. Most of the people who responded are alright with removing any numbers they might have, so it's all good. Thank you very nuch for your reponse and take very good care of yourself.
@k15682 (301)
The numbers in my username mean something important to me but I still don't mind if you drop them. I will still remember k15682 until the day I die!
@artistry (4154)
...Hi k15682, I thought that there was a special meaning to some of the usernames with numbers. That was why I asked the question, I wanted to find out from those who responded, whether or not it made a difference to them, if someone dropped the numbers from their name. I don't think anyone, including yourself, had a problem with the practice. Thank you for your reply. Take good care.
@Aaleexix (2291)
Numbers are dropped for certain reason. Any dropping is unsatisfactory. If the discussion or the discussion where response is posted is deleted the the number automatically dropped. It is the system so it is right and systematic. Unsatisfactory but systematic. This is the process.
@Aaleexix (2291)
Ohhh sorry I have misread the discussion. I have responded about the number by the side of the user name. You indicate here the number adjoined with the user name. That is considerable. Because most of the number are coming just because of the trouble in registration. As the preferred user name is already used so the numbers are added. If those are dropped nothing offensive there.
@artistry (4154)
...Hi Aaleexix, I have the habit of dropping the numbers fron a person's usersname every now and then. So I wanted to find out if anyone who responded to this discussion had a problem with not using the numbers in their name. It seems as if all thise who are responding don't have any problem with the practice. Thank you so much for your reply. Thanks and talk care.
Just like other fellow myLotters, i have no objection if others will drop the numbers in my username. Its no problem for me at all.
@artistry (4154)
...Hi there pinklady, When I was younger, I loved a drink with your name. "o)Welcome to the ranch, enjoy yourself. I was happy to see so many positive responses to the question. I had taken the liberty in some cases to drop the numbers, but I wanted to find out. Most, if not all of those who responed did not have a problem. Thanks so much for your reply, take good care.
• Mexico
Hi artistry!! I always put the complete nickname including numbers and your questions made me wonder quite the opposite. If they are just numbers meaning something else, why do I put them??? But you are absolutelly right, what if it means something very special??? I guess I will keep writing nicknames including numbers when I answer someone's discussion or response as well. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Libna!
@artistry (4154)
...Hi libnawilkerson, Welcome to the ranch, have a good time and enjoy. I wanted to make sure that if the numbers did have a special meaning, that at least the people who responded to the question would give an indication, if they would be offended or not? So far everyone has been okay with someone leaving the numbers off when addressing them. That doesn't unclude all those on the site, naturally, but it does provide a general idea. Thanks very much for your input, take care.
@sid556 (31005)
Hi artistry, I don't mind it at all if someone drops the nuumbers. They do mean something but it isn't that big of a deal to me at all. They were more just an add on because we needed to have so many digits in our user name I think when I signed up for here. I think that's why I added them on anyway.
@artistry (4154)
...Hi there sid, That is what a lot of people say, also that in some cases there were names that were the same as the one they wanted, so they added numbers. Others, it may be their birthday or some other significant date in their life. Most people don't mind if the numbers are dropped, so that is a good thing. One person said it's alright, as long as they are talking to them. I thought that was cute. Take care, have a good weekend.
@cream97 (29168)
Hi, artistry. If they drop it, it would not really affect me at all. Since 97 stands for the year that I graduated from high school, it would not make a big difference to me. I really don't think that I would even be bothered by something like this. As long as they refer to me as cream, I have no problem with them dropping my numbers from my username.
@artistry (4154)
...Hi cream, You are with the majority in this discussion. who say that it is fine with them if the numbers are removed. That makes me feel that I am not doing something offensive, if I remove the numbers behind someone's username, every now and then. I really wanted to know if it would make a difference. Thanks so very much for your response, take good care.
@yugasini (12816)
• Anantapur, India
hi artistry, the numbers in the names of identification,some times the same name will come so mylot will not accept the same name on that time some body put numbers,and some persons will put numbers intentionally to mark their date of birth or age or some thing,but i never call them with numbers i call only with name or friend,have a nice day
@artistry (4154)
...Hi there yugasini, I thought that the numbers had some special meaning to some of the people. Just as you say, it helpsbto add the numbers, when there are duplicate names and you want to have a difference from the other name, or as one responder said, the numbers were her birth date. So now that I know at least that the people who responded, do not mind if someone removes the numbers behind their username, when addressing them. Thanks so much for your reply, take very good care.
@veejay19 (3592)
hi friend, i have numbers in my username but i have absolutely no objection is they are dropped when addressing me, so don`t worry and go ahead, it does not concern me at all.
@artistry (4154)
...Hi veejay, I was just curious to know because I had a habit of dropping the numbers every now and then, and I wanted to know from those who responded if they minded when the numbers were omitted. Those who responed all stated that it did not make a difference to them. So now I feel better about dropping the numbers from the usernames. Thank you so much for your response, take it easy.
@deedee328 (1127)
I do not mind if other myLotters drop the numbers from my user name. The numbers in my name are my birth month and day. I dont feel the need for anyone to get my permission to drop the numbers or to shorten my name in any way they choose. I will not get offended at anything you call me as long as it is nice.
@artistry (4154)
...Hi there deedee, I wanted to see if any one had any problem with the practice and it does seem from those who responded, that they do not mind. So it is good, now I can feel okay when I do it. One person said as long as they were talking to her, she did not mind them dropping the numbers from her name. I thought that was cute. Thanks so much for your reply and take good care.
@nocturn98 (956)
• Venezuela
I don't mind at all. My username is nocturn98 because I've been using this username since 1998. I've just realize that it's been 12 years now... Anyway, it's okay if people just address me as nocturn. It's not a big deal.
@artistry (4154)
...Hi nocturn, I did think that the numbers had some significance to the person, so that's why I just wanted to pose the question to see what the reponses would be. Everyone who has answered say that they do not mind, that is good, now I won't feel funny if I don't put the numbers after the name. Thanks for your response and take good care.
@MrKennedy (1994)
When addressing another member of MyLot, if I find that they have numbers in their username, I will always drop them because I always assume that the numbers were simply an after-thought tacked onto a desired username because the original was already taken
@artistry (4154)
...Hi MrKennedy, You are smart, I thought more along the lines of some special meaning to those who used the numbers. But you are very right, this is probably the major reason for the numbers. I just wanted to sample those who would respond, to see if they would have any problem with someone removing the numbers behind their usernames. Those who responded did not have a problem with the removal of the numbers. So I am happy now that people don't mind the removal. Take care and thanks very much for responding.