What is the best gap beteeen husband and wife in age?

China
Foreign scientists discovered that 14 years gap between husband and wife is the best.But people often say that:"three years gap may bring about generation gap.The larger gap in age,the fewer common language. People usually write the expected age range on his Personal Ads.That shows age is important for husband and wife. What is the age gap between you and your partner?If you are not married,what is your ideal age gap?
@obe212003 (2302)
With me and my wife, there is a 12-year gap. We have been living together for 16 years, blessed with six sons. i would admit that generation gap took a toll on our relationship, but we grew together as a couple, working on conflicts together and resolving issues, big or small. Age is no issue at all if there is love, respect and understanding. Happy MyLotting!
@p3ks626 (6550)
I dont think there is ever a best age between a husband and a wife. Take for example here in my country, there are a lot of women having relationships with guys way older than they are. I have seen a lot of cases like this and age doesn't seem to matter for them. I was thinking, that as long as they were able to make the relationship work out, that is good enough.
@nicanorr (1789)
Gap in age between couples is secondary matter. Whatever the gap is- mountain or molehill will get ironed out, will vanish because there's unfathomable love that binds the two. This is the very reasons why in our midst are couples with ages akin to mother-son, father-daughter, grandfather-daughter, son-grandmother, etc. relationship. This things make the world go round and colorful.
@ongtina (1232)
It's quite true that the bigger the age gap, the less common interest and so less topic. But, the bigger the age gap, the more tolerance of the other's character and hence, the less argument and unpleasantness. You can have more fun with more quarrels and anger (close age gap) or more peace that comes with boredom (far age gap).LOL
@zed_k4 (17627)
Depends on the maturity level of each individual. Some young ladies prefer old men, some young men prefer older women and etc. But I would think that most average couples out there wouldn't be too far in age; perhaps 2-3 years difference like you have mentioned.