Chili

Everytime i make chili it tastes to much like tomatoes. I think i put a good amount of chili seasoning in but it still tastes like tomatoes. What can i add to help make it taste more like chili?
@p3ks626 (6550)
Hi! I wonder what kind of chili you're using. I like chili too but I dont find the taste of it as much as you said in your post. There are I think different kinds of chili and the hotness or spiciness of it depends on the variety of chili. I would like to suggest that maybe, your chili is gonna taste more like chili if you would use a combination of the different varieties of chili.
@sunyskies (126)
Depending on how hot/spicy you like it, you could try adding some cayenne pepper. I add two tablespoons per batch of chili and that makes it pretty hot. You would probably want to start with a teaspoon or two if you like a milder chili.
@ladym33 (11008)
I always put some Cumin in my chili, it gives it more of that chili taste, onion powder can help as well. I also add Italian seasoning to my chili, but basil also helps a lot to add some seasoning. I also put some kind of onions and garlic in mine, but I think the ingredient that will help you the most is cumin, also a little red pepper, or some pepper flakes. Just a tiny bit of you don't like your chili spicy.