What stops the vomiting Please help Mike!

He can't stop vomiting and it is now making me sick to hear it. Please tell me what to give him to stop this. I told him to take a dab of salt and put it on his tongue he won't do it. Please help Mike. Thanks so much.
• Marion, Kansas
Let him get his stomach completely empty. Do not give him anything. When he has not vomited for two hours start him back with bananas, rice, applesauce, tea and toast.Ginger ale, or a little bit of the spice ginger may calm his stomach.
I agree just feed whoever something easy on the stomach after they stop vomiting for a while.
He is resting in my room. He did have some tea already I hope it stays down. I thanks you for your help.
@shylade (3137)
he should see a doctor as soon as possible. he might have hyperacidity and needs to be cure before it gets into something like gastric ulcer. milk is usually recommended as remedy for it will coagulate the acids inside the intestine so the acid will not pump out the esophagus. the best advice i think is to see a doctor for a medical prescription.
I will tell him this tonight. If it does not stop I will go with him to the emergency room. Thanks very much
Boil water and add abit of salt. When lukewarm, make him drink it with a teaspoon. That way he won´t dehydratate and won´t vomit the water. Have warm clothes, hot water bottles at hand. When you vomit so much, the pressuse goes down and you are very cold. If you are near an emergency room, take him there if it won´t stop. But to begin with, think that he is the sick one, not you. Stay by him. That also helps a lot.
He is resting now and I will stay with him. Thanks very much for the help.
I wouldn't panic. I don't know how old Mike is. If he's actually vomiting food (or has been) it could be something he ate. It could be a stomach virus. I always recommend Pedialyte for adults or children. If you choose Gatorade you should cut it with water because it can further dehydration and worsen diarrhea . Whatever is causing this should pass this evening. If it gets to the point where he can't hold fluids down by morning see a doctor. They may need to put him on an I.V. to rehydrate. With any luck it will resolve itself. Good luck!
My father always give me ginger ale when I have a bad stomach.
It sounds to me like he has had a virus that a lot of people that I know have had recently. What can you do for it? Nothing really. When I was ill with it earlier this week I tried to not eat until I was feeling better. However, I did make sure to try and take in plenty of liquids. I would sip very slowly on whatever I was drinking though because it seemed to be much easier on my stomach to do it that way. I certainly hope that he is feeling better now and is able to eat again. If not then he definitely needs to see a doctor.
Do you have Pepto Bismol, or Gravol where you are? Both of those medications work for me when I have a problem with vomiting. Thankfully I don't have the problem that often, but I keep both medications on hand, just incase myself, or my husband should have a problem and need them. Pepto is good as it also works for diarrhea, and heartburn, as well as nausea.