sleeping habits

@timhinyy (1653)
ok so here is my problem i live with my lady at her relatives home and she insists on sleeping in my room which is fine i don't have any problem with that. i have a queen size bed which is plenty big enough for the both of us however she has this habit when she is sleeping to keep coming over on my side. my question is how do i tell her without hurting her feelings? does anyone else have a partner who's sleeping habits make it difficult for you to get a good nights rest? the other problem is for some reason she will sleep at a different end of the bed then i do which i could understand if my bed had a headboard or something like that, but is doesn't it is just up against the wall i will sleep at the other end, cause it is right next to the tv, which when i can't sleep i will watch.
Tim has a habit of going to sleep as soon as he sees the bed. He will lay acros the bed which means I can't lay down.. He is very hard to wake up and swears he was not sleeping. Your girl can't help what she does once she is sleep. I know because tim sleeps all over me. But,for some reason I find it comforting.
@timhinyy (1653)
it's tough for me, because she has bad knees and has a hard time getting comfortable and i do my best to make it as easy as i can on her and in the end i make it harder on myself so its kind of tough in that way. this is the weird part I've never seen anyone who can fall asleep as fast as she does. it will take me forever to fall asleep some nights, especially if i don't have enough room. problem with me is I'm reasonably tall almost 6 feet so it's a little harder for me to get comfortable then others.
@BarBaraPrz (16282)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yeah, that's one of the drawbacks of co-habitation... Where are all those twin beds from early TV shows? I never could get a good night's sleep sharing a bed (unless it's with a cat).
@timhinyy (1653)
it would be fine if i could just get her to stay on her half of the bed. the bed is plenty big enough for the both of us. yeah i remember watching reruns of shows like DVD show with the separate beds. i had to edit that because the title of the show is not acceptable here its the one with mary tyler moore as the wife. for some reason she will lay crookedly across and i have to be careful not to hit her cause she is right by my feet.
@BarBaraPrz (16282)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Dikk Van Dy-ke?
@BarBaraPrz (16282)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Dikk Van Dy-ke? (Wow, both first and last name are "unacceptable". And he's such a nice man, too.)
@Canellita (12059)
It won't hurt her feelings if you tell her that you're having trouble sleeping. The two of you have habits based on what you did before you became a couple and this is just another one of those things you both have to figure out how to adjust so that you can both be comfortable and get a good night's sleep. Maybe you should consider moving the bed and TV around so that you can find an arrangement that works for both of you.
@timhinyy (1653)
eventually she is going to go back to her own bed in her room where i think she will be more comfortable, because her bed is newer and i think a little softer, but i think its the same size as mine. i like having the television where it is so if for some reason i can't sleep i can watch some television to relax. most nights i will play some music too to help relax and it usually helps me fall asleep, which she never seems to have a problem with.
it's a big problem :(