This is for the vista users here. How do you stop windows from closing a program

@free_man (7337)
Every time I try to open up some windows to find out what they are vista comes up with a window that says the program has stopped. And then closes the window without telling me why it is being closed. So do any of you know how to stop this from happening?
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I had a problem with internet explorer doing that to me. I have since downloaded firefox and haven't had hardly any problems with it.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
did you install an update from Microsoft. A service pack. Ours came about a week ago. It totally shut my sons computer down and we could not even get in. It corupted a whole lot of files and they had to reinstall vista on it. We just got it back.
Maybe try my method: create a new administrator account, move all your personal folders and files to C drive. Then go to the new admin account and delete the old admin account using control panel. Use the programs in the new admin account to see if they close the windows for you. Such problems may be due to some program conflicts in your system. My method helps to resolve most of the conflicts since you are now in a new user account.
@free_man (7337)
Hi Minotaur. I don't know how to create a new administrator account can you tell me how to do this? I have changed owners names in the regstry. I am administrator on the control panel.