My Aggravations Continue....It's NOT Over Yet

@pyewacket (43962)
Many of my friends here were following my aggravation discussions about my SSI issues and how since November 2009 I was being re-evaluated for my benefits and was to contact my local SSA office...Okay beginning Nov 16 I made phone calls, what would be a long line of them. I didn't get anywhere except leaving a message for my caseworker, I even went ahead and sent documentation to verify my continuing eligibility on Nov 19th. I still kept calling as I wanted to know if I needed to send anymore documentation in. Nada, zilch, not one call back. Then in January I got another letter which was just a repeat of the first one...like huh? Then I got the whammy letter dated February 1st that my benefits would stop next month since SSA hadn't heard from me...HUH again? What happened to all my messaged phone calls, my documentation. Anyway, I got in touch with a representative of my Congressman...she had helped me once before with a serious SSA issue. So she called SSA and only succeeded in leaving a message too, but told me she would contact me as soon as she heard anything---time was ticking away and no word anywhere. So Monday, February 8th I tried SSA again..nada...they weren't even picking up their phones. So called the representative again and she said she would call SSA again and talk to the supervisor and tell the person to call me back..So I waited, waited and waited...now it was getting to be 3 in the afternoon and the SSA would close at 4:00. So I called the representative again and she was surprised the supervisor hadn't called me back...so she makes another call to the supervisor at SSA.....within minutes I got a call finally and things were straightened out and yes, my benefits are to continue.......BUT............ Today in the mail I got that letter of confirmation from SSA that my benefits were to continue....I also unfortunately got a letter from the Medical Assistance Program for Medicaid. They were told (by the dumbazzes at SSA) that my SSI benefits had stopped so therefore I was no longer on Medicaid.......WHAT????? Lovely. So the letter is dated January 30, 2010...it informed me that I still might be eligible for Medicaid but have to reapply for Medicaid and to send the three thousand forms (well seems like it) filled out and back to them WITHIN TWO WEEKS...I only GOT the letter today--the other lovely is that the letter tells me it can take up to 60 days to be approved or not. So in the meantime heaven help me if I get sick or need any kind of medications. This is all SSA's fault and their stupidity NOT MINE--it wasn't like I hadn't contacted them, I did since Nov 16 of last year. Anyway, I hope I can reach and talk to someone at the Medical Assistance Program and tell them my benefits have NOT been stopped and do I still need to reapply? I also plan to call that representative again since she seems to get things moving a lot faster. Okay..discussion time..LOL. Have you ever gotten one piece of great news only to get hit in the face with another whammy? Does anyone have Valiums? A stiff drink? Morphine?
I have a stiff drink. COME ON OVER!! My bad luck usually runs in threes. UGH! It is too bad you are not in a smaller local. I still think you need to call that law firm I gave you and see if there is someone in your neck of the woods that can help run defense for you in this. Obviously beaurocrisy is going to bite BIG TIME. And NOW instead of just SSA you have Medicaid down and out too. Buggers! I think you need to bring in the law. Atleast ask them what you can do to straighten all this out. Do you know of anyone else in your area having problems? Maybe alittle mumbo jumbo(legal stuff) could wake them up. OR maybe they could tell you if there is a clear day in sight. Meaning maybe something is going on you are unaware of and they could shed some light on that for you. They may know something you don't. Maybe your rep could advice you as to whether legal action is the way to go. Do you have Legal Aid in your area? We do here. They do alot for low income people. It just seems like someone alittle higher up the chain might know if this is just the way things are going to be or if there is a fly in the buttermilk and you need to throw a grenade into the mix and get them doing things right at SSA. Know what I mean?
@pyewacket (43962)
Our Legal Aid system in my area must be the worst in the country. When my mother and I were going through a legal battle (an eviction issue) I at first contacted attorneys that not only dealt with landlord/tenant issues but pet ones as well as the eviction centered around the problem my mother had created of too many cats. And yes, these were attorneys that expected money and all wanted a minimum of $1,000 starter up fee UPFRONT--so nix that idea. So yes I did call Legal Aid..over and over and over again...all I got was an automated thing and leave a message..then one time I got lucky and managed to talk to a REAL person. They must have monitored my calls and kept records ..anyway right off the woman said, we don't get involved with eviction issue unless you get that 48 or 72 hour court order of eviction tacked on your door...lovely...I wanted legal help like NOW--I did manage to find someone...Legal Services for The Elderly (I had it so my mother was being represented since technically I was too young)---and they were FREE...I couldn't have asked for a better law firm to be behind me---and Legal Aid btw screwed things up for a friend of mine who wound up trying for SSI and it took them NINE years...so nix legal aid here...they absolutely suck
I am so glad I live where I do. We may be behind the times and very conservative but we have alot of help and a community that cares about people and families. Our homeless are well taken care of. There is alot of help for low income families in the way of food and rent help programs. Alot of churches offer food baskets. Our legal aid is receptive and whether they can help you or not they are polite and try to give options. We just have alot of good programs and help. My SS office is relatively close and I have never had a problem getting ahold of someone on the toll free number. I have worked in customer service for many, many years and I know how to get through to numbers using alternates and so forth. I am sure sorry you are having these problems. I wish I had some answers and help for you. I think I have exhausted the ideas I had though so about all I do is be hear for you and listen. Sometime that is just all a friend can do.
pyewacket I am so sorry you are still having issues with these idiots so get on to youur representative as she seems to be able to prod them along. I am still waiting for my hmo to send me the referral to their approved ophthalmologist to check my eyes for diabetic check up a nd also for glasses too. I haven't had my glasses changed in six years so i am more than due so why are they dragging their feet on this? medical people heaven help me its enough to send one screaming out into the street. lol
@pyewacket (43962)
To quote you Hately: its enough to send one screaming out into the street I'll say...either that or punch a fist through a wall
• Marion, Kansas
I have Lortab. I do not recall ever being in your position, but I hope it gets evened out for you soon.
@kprofgames (3024)
Geeza Pye, it seems like anytime you get any kind of benefits it's a struggle to maintain them. You're smart, you pay attention to detail and you're stubborn! So you'll get there. Just sorry that it has to be such a battle for you.
@mentalward (14716)
No valium, stiff drink or morphine but I have lots of Flexeril and Lortabs! Just let me know where to send them. I would think that all you need is the letter from SSA saying that your benefits will continue to show Medicaid that you have not lost your benefits therefore not have to reapply. You should not have to reapply for something that never should have stopped to begin with. I'd say your best bet would be to contact that representative from your congressman's office, because we all know how easy it is for the government to screw up. Good luck!
@gabs8513 (48803)
Pye that is terrible I have to say But you got this far Girl you will get through this hurdle an all I know what you mean about the 10000 pages though lol as I have to reapply for new Housing Benefits for the new Place I am moving to and it is a pain in the Butt lol
@Opal26 (17694)
Hey pye~ You know my story already and how it has turned out! I lost! I am still unfortunately stuck with the damn Medicaid Spendown which is costing me $447 a month which leaves me no money for anything but my rent! They don't give a phuch that I have no money to pay Con Ed or extra money for anything else and I can't see my doctors anymore! I can't even find any Medicaid doctors to take care of my Orthapedic problems or my other "special needs" and the phucking NYS Government doesn't give a crap! At least before when I had Hudson Health they had a good plan with decent doctors! Now I have to pay my Primary Care Doctor and go to the hospital for everything including a simple blood test! It is inconvenient and stupid! So, what can I say! It is the most phucked up state and they aren't doing anything to make it better! And because I worked for so many years I am being punished and they are making me give back $447 a month for phucking Medicaid? They are totally insane! If I really got sick I would be in the hands of quacks or some doctors who were in training or somewhere in between! Don't even get me started!
@quita88 (3716)
You already know that I feel for you and would roll over in mud for you ! but girl the best you can do is talk /call / have a fit with your congressman and representives, who ever you can think of even if it's your garbage man ! I 'll use my telepathic talents to beam you over a valium :) and as for the drink, I'll have two, one for you and one for me :) the morphine?? nope, can't do that one LOL Hang in there, keep fighting and all us mylotters will get down on our hands and knees for you and pray to Almighty God for this injustice to you to stop!!! Take care :) quita
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh geez, the gift that keeps on giving.... I'm fresh out of controlled substances, but how about some brownies?
Hi pye, Lol! please don't get sick yet, these people just don't know what they are doing or can't be bothered, I had a problem mnay years ago, I bought a Freezer but when when I got it it would work, so I told them to take it back, I was disgusted with the shop so I went and bought anyother one form somewhere else, but the first shop I bought and returned the Freeezer had sent me a bill fro the freezer, I rang them and told them that I had returned it back and also had papers to prove that I had, but they keep on at me, so I marched dow the to the shop and made a scene, the told me they couldn't find the file, so I told them that they will hear from my lawyer, ten mimutes later, low and behold they have found the the file and things got sorted ou because I used the magic word "Lawyer", lol, all the customers in the shop give me a standing ovation. Btight Blessings. Tamara
@BarBaraPrz (17960)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
To quote Roseanne Rosanna Danna... If it's not one thing, it's another! But with you, it seems to be another and another and another... Maybe you need to cast some protective spells for yourself, or feng shui up your apartment, or something. Good luck in this latest round.
@meme0907 (3481)
Hey pw, Boy our government runs like molasses in winter-I spoke well of them in the first episode of your discussion. I thought DM's problem had been resolved when they gave him an additional DD in the bank to cover part of the funds that had been deducted in error from his benefit but then they went & did another deduction. I've been calling the 772-1213 # for months now & they keep saying the issue is still pending "it could take 30 days.... 60 days.... 90 days..... you just have to check back with us" like people on a fixed income don't miss the little funds they've got. Anywho, good luck to you w/ medicaid-if you can get in touch w/ your caseworker they're usually pretty cooperative. I know I lost DM's renewal form & it was due in on 02/07 & I just called yesterday & she said she'd send out another like "no problem" |:)
Oh Pye honeY! I'm so sorry to hear about all of this, I've not been on much lately been too busy with (real life) aka my other drama series (G)!! I'm sorry to hear about all of this isn't it just a HORRIFIC NIGHTMARE what we have to go through in order to keep the crap we do get; and each year its the same thing fill out all the paper work again and again; At least you took the measure and steps to get the process rolling I would have fallen into such a depression my feeble brain would never have thought of contacting a Representative like that; YOU GO WOMAN!! I've been dealing with a drama of my own, got my W-2 last month but had no money to get my taxes done...so this month once I got paid on the 3rd that friday I was all set and raring to go get my taxes done so I could get that money back I had big plans for it too and it was gonna go in about 20 different directions; I get to H&R block same place I've always gone my whole life and after being there a good 45 minutes was told that THIS YEAR those of us living in Housing here are NO LONGER ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ANY TAX CREDIT from the lot rent we pay.. I WAS LIKE WTF???????????? Thankfully for them it was a PUBLIC PLACE...I wanted to cry, My first reaction....then yell at them...I was still LIKE WTF?????????? I was counting on that $300.00++ money I really really was; I've not functioned very well now for several days I talked to another guy at H&R block a few days later her said the same thing, we no longer will be getting anything back on the lot rent we pay because Housing doesn't pay any taxes; Long story short, ( sorta ) I've not given up I am once again lined up with these people that do taxes for free (YEAH FOR FREE) for those of us on low income and I will see what they say...GOD I PRAY I GET SOME MONEY BACK...I just don't know what to make of all of this, we didn't receive any such notice from Housing; so I still don't know...IT SUCKS I KNOW THAT! by now I would have gotten that money into my account days ago but nooooo here I sit, still mad and upset and just ready to hit and or kill just about anybody that crosses my path; Oh and get this, the place doing the taxes for us on low income of course is in the worst part of our town down in an area I really really really don't want to go and I'm gonna be there early enough I HOPE to BE FIRST IN LINE...that way I can get in and get the heck outta there; I've sunk to a "new low" and I really really just hate my life; I wish all the very best for you and I hope you get this mess all straightened out dear friend; my next round of mega-paperwork will be for my $16.00 I get in food stamps; for 11 years now I've been filling out the same stupid forms year after year after year and all this time I went from a big $10.00 to $16.00 and that was only because of the economy.(sigh)!!!
@dloveli (4369)
Hey Pye! Finally SSA solved the problem. About your newest issue, I believe if you can find our who sent the letter and contact them or their supervisor. You may be able to avoid any inconvenience. To answer the question, I have been in the same situation numerous times. I feel like Im gonna flip. You know there's a saying that says when it rains, it pours. Take it easy. Dont let it get to you. It will get better. I promise. Happy MyLotting my friend. dl
I don't drink, have valium, or morphine. But if I did, I'd send you all three.
@writersedge (22579)
I hope you stay healthy until this is all ironed out, but the way they keep upsetting people and stressing them out, I think they're in cahoots with the medical profession to keep their job security. Car insurance, if you don't pay that on time, they cancel your ability to drive a car. OK, fine. But they can also fine and inprison you if you keep driving. Well due to a computer glitch, when people changed car insurances, the DMV was canceling everyone's ability to drive their car. Unbeknownst to them. Many found out the first time they were stopped by a cop, fined, and imprisoned. How do I know? I worked for the Sheriff's Department at the time and the State Police as well as S. Deputies were nabbing people right and left. Then the notifications, by mail, were getting to their homes one week after they were arrested. I knew people who wanted to change car insurances, but after the 3rd or 5th person coming into the jail, they all had triple A and could post their bail and all had the same story, I could see what was happening. So I called friends and relatives and told them, "Don't change car insurances. Don't do it. There is some kind of mess with the DMV." If those people were paying triple A, had the Gold version, if they said they changed insurance and had insurance, then that many with the same story, I believed them. You can't let car insurance lapse and for awhile, you couldn't change car insurances either. It didn't make sense to me that people with totally clean records, paying for triple A gold, and all insisting they just changed insurance, it just seemed like they must have insurance. They all did, too. But each was arrested by a different officer at different times, so it took a while for the arresting officers to see the pattern. But as a Corrections Officer for the County, in a couple of hours, I had this figured out. I got on the phone and was on it for hours warning everyone. So those poor people all said they had papers from the new insurance, but the cards could be typed up by anyone. Nothing was coming up on the Officers' computers except insurance cancelled. Funny how they immediately canceled an insurance, but didn't put the new one in. Guess one person immediately cancels, but it's some other person's job to put the new one in and they're backed up a week or two, probably mailing out notices saying you don't have insurance and are in violation of the law if you keep driving your vehicle, so bring in your license plate and registration to take the car off the road or you will be fined and imprisoned. So now, I will not change car insurances unless I get a new car. Take the plates and registration in on the old car. Otherwise, you could end up in jail.
@pergammano (7756)
OH...PYE! OH..WHY? This has crossed the line from hypocrisy to stupidity...and the only way that I can see to get you out of this mess again...is to contact your representative of the Congressman again...and tell here (after thanking her profusely) that the "papertrail" continues..along with the nightmare, and enlist her to help you out of this )hopefully) final paper mess! She will have the power to go back to SSI and tell them that they "fluffed" up by cancelling your medicaid! She is NOW very familiar with your case...and should know the right buttons to push! You know "Murphy..and his law's"....this will be the time that you need Medical Assistance! The only upside to all this, pye...is that you can't say these are long, boring winter months! NO consulation! Please take care...and I pray this is worked out much MORE smoothly! Cheers! P.S. Sorry about the typos!