what do you tell yourself when your about to do something dangerous

I may say the following in my head: 1. The devil may care 2. Oh sh!t 3. K 4. No other choice 5. Time to do work
@mylosha (286)
To me i really out my conscience when i doing such a thing as the words TO ERR IS HUMAN i did lot of bad things so far but whenever i came up such a thing i feel something bad or bad power may crossed me and instructed me to do so but i only came to know after committing wrong. many times i asked against my self about that and prepared me to do not commit again but i failed to keep this whenever committed with bad deeds then i realized this will be controlled by something out of mine which shut my conscience for a while.
yes your not alone, there is a time when conscience just too thin to keep because other matters need consideration too. i had my share of these kind of mistakes when i was in the university. i cut classes, never did school work, being absent, sleeping in front of the teacher, etc. i never mind though because im only human and they must understand my limitations because i would be better if i had no health problems.
@phoenix8606 (4978)
Hi! I just don't tell myself anything when i am doing something very dangerous. I am trying not to think of it, because if i think a lot about it and tell my self things like in movies :) I can give up and will never try it again!
ya sometimes less is more. the important thing is to keep concentrated about the task at hand so that no mistakes are made. i am also like you when it is a serious task. i prefer to think than to talk.
@calai618 (1781)
I dont really talk to myself during those situations. I wouldnt know what to tell myself anyway lol.I pray. I pray very hard instead. :D
you have a point. i am like that like when i jumped a very large gap, my thoughts ceased to exist but i organized my senses as if im doing a prayer. however, its not enough to pray i guess because you have to put the effort. i once read about a pilot who has been imprisoned because the passengers were killed in the crash of the airplane to the sea. the reason is that the pilot never steered the plane but prayed instead.