Vacation! Relax on Your Vacation or Need Another Vacation When You Get Home??

@artistry (4154)
Do you find that you try to do so much on your vacation, that you are actually tired when you get home and would like another vacation? Have you ever taken addition time off when you got back from a vacation, to rest up, before going back to work? Or do you come back home before your total vacation time is finished, intentionally, to rest before going back to work? Or do you actually rest on your vacation? Share your thoughts with us.
@LaurenInLA (2272)
I retired two years ago so now when I go on vacation I don't really have an end date. I can come home whenever I want to so my vacations arre mucfh more relaxing. When I worked, I had such a limited time and I wanted to see and so everything that I possibly could so I tended to wring every last drop out of my vacation. It would be quite common for my flight to come in late at night and for me to go back to work having had a couple of hours sleep. I would always get mad at myself for not having the discipline to come back early but bottom line I would do the same thing time after time. Vacations are much more relaxing now.
@artistry (4154)
...Hi here again LaurenInLa, You make my point in your third sentence. When I would go on vacation I would do the same thing, going here, going there. Just an energizer bunny sometimes. Get home tired as all get out. It would have been good to set aside time at the end of the vacation, just to rest before getting back into the grind of working. Enjoy your retirement, and your vacations, but then again you have an unending vacation, that is great. Take it easy.
Thank you for the kind thoughts. That's exactly what I tell everyone. Now, every day is Saturday!
@maximax8 (28925)
My trips are so action packed that I come home feeling really tired. Yes, it is like i need a vacation. I have two dogs so my trips only last a couple of weeks. In the past I had long trips when i was able to see lots of sights and have loads of time for relaxation. My trip around the world when I was 20 years old lasted for just over one year. By comparison my trip to Cape Town and the Garden Route lasted for fifteen days which I did last January.
@artistry (4154)
...Hi there maximax, It is so easy to want to do so many things that you forget to rest a little while when you go on vacation. I think also that if we pace ourselves, a little rest, a little sightseeing, we may be able to accomplish both, without being so tired when we return home that we failed to accomplish what a vacation should be, a period of relaxation. Thanks for your reponse and take care. Happy Valentine's Day.