Would taking back the gift be wrong?

I never recieved anything from tim ever in life. Not even a soda for that matter. Now I can't help being me, so I bought him two shirts today. But,my daughter said and so did Mike if he does not get me anything I need to take it back. So I am asking you if it would be wrong. Now I plan to have it in my closet and wait to see what he does. I don't want to take it back even if he does not get me anything. I will be upset I can't lie about this. Thanks for your veiws.
This is not so much about right and wrong as far as the gift is concerned. It is more about whether or not he treats you right. About the gift, If it would give you joy to give it, then give it. If it will make you mad to not receive one, then you had better get prepared. I am not sure how long Tim has been in your life, but guys do not suddenly change overnight. No need to expect it. If I am wrong, you can be pleasantly surprised. Do not wait for other people to tell you if you are right or wrong. Just go by your own gut feeling.
I would be fine giving him the gift even if he gets me nothing. I would know for sure that he means me no good. I don't know why I need a brick to fall on my head to see this. But,he is the one I am with and plan to be with till I lleave the state. Thanks for this I really needed it.
@EvrWonder (3577)
Hi gifts; The way I see it is that if you give a gift you give it. Do not take it back. That is Indian giving where I come from. It just isn't right, whether he gives you a gift or not. Never give a gift if you don't have intentions of letting it go completely, regardless. It just isn't right and frankly, somewhat immature. Besides, it is much more fun giving than receiving.
@EvrWonder (3577)
Oopsie, pardon me. So you're idea is to keep the gift in the closet and if he doesn't have anything for you then you will not give the gift to him, correct? Sorry I misinterpreted your discussion. I think this is fair. I just hope that you receive a gift so that you don't have to take the T-shirts back. Good Luck!
You got it right the gift will remain in my closet. I do think he will not be buying me a gift. he may make up some reason for not being here that day altogether. leaving me the open door to leave him alone. I should go down stairs to his fathers house and let him know his son is a loser.
@sedel1027 (17854)
I think it all depends on WHY you bought the gift. If you did it to be nice and because you wanted to then I can't see why you wouldn't give it to him regardless. If you just bought the gift because you expected him to give you something and he didn't, I'd return it if he came over empty handed.
I don't think he is going to buy me a gift. he has never done so in thepast. I bought the gift because I can't help buying him things. But,I am starting to see I may be being used by Tim. So I will be keeping the shirts till I know for sure. Thanks for this.
@ElicBxn (60894)
he's a jerk, take it back, get your money and buy something for YOU - or save it for the move!
I just showed them to my daughter and she likes them. I will keep them in my closet for now. Thanks very much
@daliaj (5689)
I don't think that it is nice to take a gift back. I don't like to demand gifts from people other than my parents. I don't except gifts from anybody too. But, I get some gifts once in a while. If you really expect a gift from him, you can express your desire to him indirectly. It is nice that you got shirts for him, which will make him think about the need of getting something for you.
I bought tim $600 worth of clothing and a leather cost one Christmas. he did not give me anything that holiday or any other one. Not even on my birthday would he bring me a doggie bone. So this year I will hold it in my closet to return back to the store if need be. Thanks for the messeage
@slbwyc (67)
yeah i think it is not the matter of whether he does something in return for your gift. even he does not give you gift, he love you and take care of you . it is woth you giving him the gift this time. never take back your gift and regret what you have done for the one you care
he does not take care of me at all. he has never done anything for me. So I will be keeping the gift in my closet till after i see if he gives me a gift.
@p3ks626 (6550)
I think it would be wrong to take it back because that gift was really intended for that person. If I am in your situation, I am not going to take it back and just wait for him whether he is going to give it back. At least it wasn't you who took it from him but it was him who gave it to you. I just think that taking it back would be rude but if he gives it back, his values are at stake not yours. =)
The gift will remain in my closet he will not know I have it at all. I would never gift a person to take it from them and return it. Thanks so much
@ifa225 (11098)
i guess it is. It such impolite if we taking it back. It is give up to the one that given what he want to do with the gift. ether he want it or not. If you give something to anyone so just let it go, no matter what would it happen.
he would never know I had the gift in the first place. I would leave it in my closet till he came and left. Thanks for this.
I don't give gifts to receive gifts. however, if I never received any gifts, I would not be interested in giving them either. I'm not something made of money to be taken advantage of.
I know I wish I were like you. I get taken advantage of all the time. It is getting old now as well. Thank you very much
@BlueGhost (130)
Hey gift i think it's not good thing if you take it back for what you give,, it would be impolite, and if you give something to someone don't expect he will give you something back,, try to be sincere
@artee13 (126)
well. A gift is a gift and it is up to the receiver to do what he wants with it. if he wants to give it back why not receive it. In my case I wont take back a gift I've given and I will give the gift I want to give and if he don't accept I'll just throw it or give it away. You and me are different so it is up to you if you will give it or not.
@mylosha (286)
hai first of all dont entertain any sort of ego in sharing gift. gifts only shows our degree of love or care on the concerned person but when you do it with any expectation then it violates the degree of your love and care please dont expect anything for giving gift.
giftsandbags you do what your heart tells you you want to do , and to heck with the others.If it makes you happy to give this to him,you do it as that will make you unhappy to be pushed into not doing it. stick up for you, gifts, please.
I always heard that it was better to give than to receive. So, I would probably go ahead and give the gift anyway. I know that I always buy gifts without the intention of getting something in return. Granted it is nice when I get a gift as well, but I don't get totally bent out of shape if I don't receive a gift in return. My best recommendation is to do whatever you feel is right to do in your heart, don't let other people make the decision for you.