Would you laugh seeing a person on the street using a house phone?

I am taking about a land line phone that we use for the house.. Well before you say no i will tell you this. I will be laughing at myself as well. I have th magic jack on my laptp now. I was going to buy a land line phone to get away from having to plug in my cordless. Then I realised I could take my landline phone with me during my travels. I could talk on it on the bus as well as the stores and restarants like Mc donalds. So I know it will be funny to me. Would this be funny to you? I don't have a cell phone to use. Nor will I add another bill to my budget by getting one.
@hwke12 (24)
It's kind interesting situation. I think I will notice it when I walk by. But I think it's fun can have you house phone used when you walk on the street! Sometimes I just hope I can do somethin like that cool!
Me too this is why I will buy me a phone this week.
L.O.L. Have you seen the commercial for credit score.com? The guy was trying to buy a cell phone but couldn't because of his credit and was walking around talking on an old house phone? That's what this reminds me of.
Now I have to look out for this one. I could use a laugh thanks
Watch for it it is a good one!!! When I first saw it mt daughter said hey didn't you used to have a phone like that? L.O.L.
@dgtempe1 (88)
I think its pretty ingenious of you to do that. I know what you mean, i live on a well travelled road and sometimes i'll take my house phone to go for the mail, and never fails, people look at me, and i cant help to think they are laughing at me. Then i think, who cares. Just dont get a Pink cozy for it ha ha ha ha ha
I don't know what a pink cozy is. Thanks
Its just a little pink pouch they sell at electronic stores so your phone wont get cold or scratched. ;)
@donna22 (1120)
When I first read the title of your discussion I thought "yes". Well maybe not laugh as such but find it very odd. I can however see your logic and where you are coming from. If it happened though I think I would still find it a little strange.
I can tell you I will be posting about my first day out with my land line phone. It should be quite funny to see the looks I will get.
@MrKennedy (1994)
I would find it slightly funny and maybe even a bit kooky, but it doesn't actually sound like a bad idea if say your cell phone was broken or something. I mean, the damn thing is cordless, so why not take advantage of that?
No my cell is not broken at all. It takes minutes to talk on it. the magic jack is paid for the year already. Thanks
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, No I would probably be curious and surprised a little anyway as this has not happened where I am yet but if it did happen I would probably get one and my Husband too as I would prefer that kind of phone and for the lower rates things too. I have heard of the Magic Jack before but did not realise it had those applications to it. Truth to tell I have not used my mobile phone for ages because of the abusive rates we have here at the moment which are due to come down sooner or later. Even my Sons are using the mobile phone a lot less too.
They have a magic jack coming out for the cell phones also. It will be one time payment of $40 dollars and you talk all year long for no more cash. I want that one too.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
hello gifts, This thing is common here in our country. People bringing their house phone(landline)outside. This is the new gimmick of telephone companies since mobile phones were the most in-demand medium with communication. So,telephone companies were trying to lift their networks too,not to be left behind. And it's working huh!,the bills were much cheaper and the signal is also good. Plus,they added some texting method using a landline phone...so,business people couldn't ask for more. Who cares to look funny holding a telephone now? I myself is also thinking to have one(hehehe)
This is really nice to know. I plan to hav emy phone next week. Thanks
I would not laugh at all. With technology the way it is, anything is possible, and if a majic jack with a house phone works for you, then use that. I think it's a great way to take a phone with you, and it's probably cheaper to use than a cellphone. Don't worry about what people think.
Yes it is much cheaper as the bill is paid for the year already.
I'm definitely laughing at the picture that you've painted here. It is pretty funny. In our house we have neither a landline phone or a VOIP in our home, we only have a cell phone. I know that you can hook the magic jack into your computer and use it wherever you want, but here that means that we would only be able to use our phone in our own homes or in some of the few places that are WiFi enabled. I know I would laugh my tail off to see someone talking on a home phone while on a bus or such.
I don't think so,and I wouldn't care. if using the landline phone will save rather than using cell phone,then go ahead.in fact,I would find it really funny if a person is carrying both a land line and a cellphone.what's the point in carrying both mediums of communication if they can function the same?