Teachers! What Advice Would You Give Those Considering Becoming Teachers??

@artistry (4154)
You have been teaching and know the advantages and the disadvantages of being a teacher, or you are a former teacher. What advice would you give to someone, who has a serious interest in becoming a teacher in today's society? Do you or did you enjoy your chosen profession?
@p3ks626 (6550)
I experienced teaching college students and it wasnt really a very good experience. Maybe my advice is to let them know that you are the boss of the classroom. lol Hmmm..seriously, only fail students who are not responsible of their tasks. I only failed two students during the whole teaching experience. Anyway, even if the others may not be as bright but they are always present, or they always try to do their best even if their answers might be incorrect, I think it is still considerable. =)
@artistry (4154)
...Hi there p3ks626, Jimminies, you must have had to have multiple degrees to be able to teach college students? Quite a task, I would think. With college students as with teenagers growing up, they think they know more than their parents, so I would think they would take that attitude into the classroom with their college professors, especially if their teacher was somewhere near their age. Good advice, otherwise you lose before you even get started. Thanks for your response and take good care. Have a great weekend.
If you want to be a teacher first you must be a good student. You must not stop learning and you must grab opportunities to advance your knowledge. But most of all you must have the passion to teach and you must be ready to walk the extra mile. when you teach you must be willing to put your heart and soul into teaching. You would also need a tremendous amount of patience because the learning pace of students differ and so are their attitudes. don't be too overly strict but don't be too lax with imposing discipline either. I also suggest you watch the movie Freedom Writers, this is a true story of one teacher who risked everything to help her students finish high school and get a college degree. The movie was truly inspiring and every person who wants to be a teacher must watch this film.
@artistry (4154)
...Hi there candyfairy21, What a well thought out, well written response to anyone who desires to be a teacher. Many excellent points to remember as, you contemplate going into the classroom as a teacher. You emphasize dedication throughout your response without using the word. I hope anyone who is inspired to be a teacher will read this, and also see the movie. Thank you and take care.