do you still love watching classic movies?

classic movies - http://www.classicmovies.org/
hi! im a fan of classic movies especially when the lead actors/actress were today's big stars. While doing myLot, youtube is always running since they do not delete the oldies but goodies. First on my list is the classic horror movies which i enjoy so much and some of them have today's remakes. How about you guys? Do you still watch classic movies? Because some people i asked think about classic movies as boring films.
I do.. but not that too classic I think, haha.. like uhmm 90's movies? haha.. haven't watched a movies that is CLASSIC like from 70's. It's just that I wanted to watch the movie from before that I missed because I was too young to understand the movie. like Braveheart, Joan of Arc, Cleopatra etc. ^_^ I think it's much better to know the REAL story than watching it in remake which I think that they change a little of the story lines ^_^
i also love watching movies from the 90's but i didnt know it's already classic. Lols. But anyhow, i love watching horror movies from the 70's and love stories/drama from the 90's. That's it. thank you so much for the reply.
haha.. it's not classic lol, but decades earlier still an old movie ^_^ enjoy watching movies. ^_^
@ybong007 (6659)
I like classic movies but i prefer the new ones because of the special effects. What i like about movies is the visuals. I'm not really interested much on the plot. I want something that would amaze my eyes like, LOTR, Harry potter, transformers and lot more. The new movies has great story lines as well but it's really the special effects that interests me more which is lacking in the classic movies.
I would say that as a movie reviewer I would prefer to just watch classics rather than modern cinema, shame I can't. The reason is that these older movies feature a solid storyline which is central to the movie, with the performances and any special effects just adding embelishment. Where as today's cinema tends to focus on effects, then performances and often barely having anything which gets close to resembling a coherent storyline. But sadly many modern movie fans do hold these older movies in much destain because they are not into storylines, preferring to watch mind numbing rubbish which trades on special effects, special effects and more special effects.
@MrKennedy (1996)
The oldest films I usually watch are not really that old compared to some, I guess the earliest I can tolerate are films made in the 70's, because anything before that, I find hard to relate to like the actors and such.