Internet Friend of Foe?

I was just thinking to myself that the Internet has so many advantages like making new friends and making money. We can join online groups tailored to our needs and find out anything! Yet could you imagine yourlife without the Internet? Do you think it would be enriched without the Internet, too? I know when I get bored, I tend to spend a lot of time on sites like Mylot.com, and facebook. Yet if I don't manage my time, my real actual life beyond the internet can slip away from me, too. Do you think the Internet is your friend or foe?
@kar295rocks (2119)
Internet is a true friend of mine in the fact that it helps me in studies, reading, participation , experience, earning and other stuff like that! It is also a foe in the fact that I am wasting my time in it, addicted to it, spoiling my eyes!
Very good. I use it for a lot of those things too! I am also addicted to it too but it is a good addiction that I hope I never have to break.
@Aaleexix (2291)
Internet is my friend but it acts like foe. It kill my most of time. It makes me a lazy person. And it negatively effects on my health too. So internet for me is like a foe in form of friend.
I agree but I still get up move around and do things I just do them in between working and writing other wise my but would be numb and flat like a chair.
I love the internet. Without it I would not have a job, would not be able to keep in touch with family as easy. Would never get to talk to anyone but who comes over. I love the internet please don't ever leave me my dearest friend!
Internet is indeed very useful to our daily lives. In fact, I can imagine myself using the Internet for a variety of purposes for whole day but I can't imagine myself not using the Internet for a week. However, one bad thing about Internet is that it can really take away a lot of time from you when you should be socialising with your friends, reading some useful books, etc. Real life activities shouldn't be hindered by Internet activities.
hey towongfoo no one is foe for me in this world then why my internet friend would be foe. i like chatting with all of them. you know some of them are now my best online friend and we share our personal life and enjoy it. i really become sorrow when i see some of my net friend is in problem and try to solve his/ her problem. i even cry for some of them and even they cry for me i know this. one of my chinese friend is disabled but we often talk on phone and is just of my age i have great feeling for her and promised her that i will go to china to visit her. and i am sure when i will get chance to visit china i will go to her home.
@qamarep (4448)
• Pakistan
if you are an addict person to the internet then its a definitely a foe.
@skysuccess (8881)
towongfoo27, Like the majority including yourself, I cannot deny how Internet could be our "friend" by allowing us to learn from its vast resources, bridging of distance with its bandwidth and economize with its depth of technology. However, it can be a "foe" when we do not have control, moderation and morality. When we loose our control of our email and social networking accounts and become victims of hackers and stalkers. When we lack moderation and it becomes our addiction. When we are morally conscious we become promiscuous and loose. I think we must always remember that a coin has 2 sides.