Why is it that Dad's encourage their daughters to be involved in sports but...

would be opposed to letting their sons do Gymnastics, ballet and Cosmotology.?
@chalmette69 (3010)
I don't think all men think this way, but this is funny now that you think of it because most men would probley not want there boys doing girl things, but to me I think boys should be able to do anything they want to just like girls.
Because there is some sort of "male pride" for which SOME dads see their son as a great banker or something, but not involved in "feminine" sports.
@bhchy1 (6051)
Could be the only way they know how to connect with their daughters which is fine as long as they don't place more importance on the sport than the child. BTW...gymnastics is as hard if not harder than most sports, so don't think of it as a girls sport. Most proffesional athletes don't have what it takes to do that!
Not all dads are like that. There is a cult of "masculinity" that long ago decided what was and wasn't for males, and that is hard to overcome. Children should be guided, not forced into something that doesn't fit who they are.
@ebberts (786)
Maybe some men object to their son's activities because they feel they will be judged as less of a man if their boys aren't seen a macho. Personally if our boys are happy then so are we.
This is so funny. I don't think men mind this now a days. There are so many men hairdressers. I also see the gymnasts are also men. This world has has the best of all of them both male and female.