My cat is licking my arm right now!

I wish I knew how to work this camera. why do cats groom us humans. Now he won't let go of my arm so I can type. Does your cat do funny stuff to you?
@dawnald (83972)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oreo does that, Tiger eats plastic and Jason likes to walk off with people's socks in his mouth!
That is just too cute I would like to see my cat with a sock in his mouth. You have your hands full of joy. Thanks
They also poo with the plastic still intact. I get that most of the time in our yard. ewww (i love the new smileys. I really do!)
@dawnald (83972)
• Shingle Springs, California
And that is just why we can't leave curling ribbon around the house. Jason eats it. Once I had to pull one out of his rear end that hadn't quite passed through. Yech...
@Mady2791 (547)
Yeah, my dog does that too a lot but my leg.He keeps licking my leg and doesn't stop. If I walk a few steps he follows me around. The funny thing I notice he does this when I'm not feeling to high mood wise. I guess he senses it and he senses and says: "poor master of mine.. she is really having a bad day. Her leg needs some licking" :( hahahaha
I am so scared of dogs this would kill me. They are so sweet to their owners though. But for some reason they bark at me.
@Mady2791 (547)
Probably because they can smell a mile a away you are a cat person :( hahahaha
@jennybianca (12919)
One of my cats licks my arm or hand. It is her way of showing affection. She particularly does this licking when she wants some pats or chin rubs from me. So I start patting her, then after a minute I stop. So she licks my hand. This is her signal to continue patting her.
Lion wants his head rubbed a lot. he will go to our hands and put his head in the palm of our hands. Funny..
• Marion, Kansas
I think Lion is a very neat name for a cat, and one I have never heard before. Does Lion have long hair?
Right now as I type this my dog has her head on my lap. I am not quite sure why they do what they do, it is almost like a comfort thing. I have never owned a cat but I have always heard the cats can heal open wounds with their tongues, it has something to do with the roughness on their tongues, Maybe your cat feels like he is healing and helping you..
I know when I have a bad migrane he will lay on top of my pillow right by my head. I don't know why but he does this. I have a cut on my thumb right now. I wonder if he knows this.
• Marion, Kansas
We have one cat that feels he must groom us. He loves to lick our hands or our arms. He will get in my lap and put his paws on my shoulders like a hug. Very cuddly kitty.
That hug sounds so cute to me. I always have lion sittining on my lap. He gets so comfy I don't want to get up at times. Then he moves around and I will get up. He will sleep on my chest as well.
My cat does stuff like that to me all the time. My husband and I are sitting on the couch together, and the cat has his front paws up on the couch between us moving his head back and forth, trying to decide who to lick first. LOL OK now he just jumped up on the couch and...he's licking my husband's hands. LOL They do things like that because they love us. :)
They are so good to us and love us completely. Lion follows me around the house like my baby.
@ElicBxn (58823)
Sassy, Ping and Timus will wash my face - don't mind the top of the nose, but don't like it around lips, eyes, under the nose... (Timus' fav place lately.) Sassy seems to like the forehead and eyebrows - that is interesting... Yeah, sometimes Scamp or Timus will lick the arm, have to watch Scamp, he bites, but never as bad as Booboo... Basically they are saying - you are family, I will groom you...
@Janey1966 (24125)
• Carlisle, England
I used to have a cat called Chloe that would lick my arm for ages (it tickled too) and I always thought that it was the salt from the sweat that she liked? I'd never thought about the grooming aspect before..very interesting! I've also heard from Sir David Attenborough (so it must be right lol) that cats can even sense when a woman is on her period.This makes sense because the times a cat has been around me whenever I've felt grotty (and close to my belly too) is uncanny. Awww, they're so cute, I love 'em!
@natliegleb (5191)
i enjoy always whenever he does that and its a pleasure for me and if he stops i will take my hand near him so that he can continue doing it,animal affection is awesome
Tomorrow is the one week aniversary of the day that we saved Cornbread from the cold Kentucky winter. For the first few days that he was here he did nothing but eat, sleep and go to the bathroom. However, in the last couple of days he is really starting to come around. I think that the funniest thing that he does is he seems to have an inate way of knowing when I turn on photoshop and he jumps up in my lap and starts pawing at the keyboard. He doesn't molest the computer except when I turn on the photo editing software.
@Theresaaiza (9446)
I've always been weirded out by their rough tongue when they do that! I had a cat who gave excellent massage on my belly!
@kaylachan (4780)
My cat Precious is like that. He'll randomly lick my skin for no reason. This morning he licked under my eye. When I went to get him out from under the bed, I had a hold of his paw, and he started to lick my hand. I guess cats think we're cats too, therefore they must groom us like they would each other, thinking we weren't "clean" enough. Though I'd had a break down the night before so I guess Precious was trying to confert me.
@May2k8 (3619)
My cat slept under a sarong that I use at that time I was sick and my cat is always with me and often lick my eyes when I woke up this morning.
@JoyfulOne (6243)
Gosh, that's funny lol. My one cat does that licking bit, but it's always on my neck when I'm laying in bed. I guess no matter how clean we are there is still salts on our skin...either that or they think we're like their kitten or something haha. This same cat is a real clown. Sometimes he'll get into bed and take a nap under the covers. The bed may be made, but there's this large lump in the middle. Sometimes he sits on top of my monitor and tries catching my fingers when I'm typing. Can't be easy for him, cause he's a huge cat (more like puppy sized.) They sure do have their own personalities and do some whacky things!