Have you ever been like ships passing in the night?

@spalladino (17925)
My husband had a biopsy performed on Wednesday. He had a sleepless night the night before...I was up a few times myself...and then we had to get up very early in order to be on time for the appointment. For this procedure they gave him sedatives. He slept part of the way home and during the evening on Wednesday evening. So, sometime during the night he was wide awake for awhile. Right now his sleep schedule is all messed up and he's not feeling well either...not sure if that's related to the sleep problem or some lasting effects of the sedatives since he's on a lot of other medication. So, yesterday and today he was up very early in the morning. We have no jobs pending at our shop so we haven't really been open although I have been checking the phone for messages. He lays down around noon, sleeps until 5:00 or so, gets up to eat dinner and about an hour later has to lay down again. I can't go to bed that early because A)I'm not sleepy and B)we have two dogs who can't go to bed that early either. Last night he got up during the night...I woke up and he was watching a movie at 4:00AM...wide awake. I'm staying up later than usual tonight...I don't know, maybe because I'm worried about him and I miss his company...but I'm not going to stay up until 4:00. I guess tomorrow I'm going to suggest that he not lay down during the day so that he can get back on track. But, as I sit here, with the dogs who are so confused right now since our bedtime routine is all messed up, I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced something similar. Have you and your partner experienced a disruption of your normal routine or sleep patterns? How did you break the cycle?
It has not happened with me but I know of a friend who is on perpetual day shift and her husband on perpetual night shift. They feel they live in two different cities, meeting only on a Sunday. Some life this!!
@spalladino (17925)
That's got to be so hard on a marriage. I've only been going through this for a couple of days and I'm already whining like a baby about it.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hi Spalladino I am sorry to hear this about your Husband and he needs to try and get back into a Routine I mean I lie down in the afternoon but I get up early and by Lunchtime or just after my Oxygen level is low and I get tired and find it a bit hard to breathe also I am not sleeping good at Night but I go to bed at 11pm and sleep Maybe your Husband needs to see his Doctor to find out if this is normal My Ex Husband and I hardly slept at the same he was always out with his Friends and would sometimes not come home at all but that suited me ok in the end as I used to get up at 5am to get myself ready and then the Kids get them of to School and then get of to work myself
@paula27661 (15899)
I am a morning person and he is the opposite. He snores so we usually cannot sleep together. I tell you it is tough. I feel as though I have to make an appointment for intimacy and then our schedules don’t coincide anyway! These things happen in life and they can be out of your control for a while but after some time it is up to the couple to take back their control and sit down and work something out. We did that, we still have different body clocks and he still snores but we have devised ways and times we can still spend together; it took a bit of organising but we got there...I think...Hope your situation improves soon!
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey spalladino~ I'm sorry that your husband isn't feeling well. I hope that it isn't anything serious. My boyfriend and I are never on the same schedule ever! I am a night owl and up most of the night always! He goes to bed early because he has to get up to go to work! Even on the weekends he doesn't stay up late except for once in awhile if we are watching some DVD's! So, that is just the norm for us! Since I don't usually have a normal schedule of any kind anymore I just go to bed when I think I can sleep and with my Insomnia I can stay up all night! I will either watch tv or be on the computer and then I sometimes sleep until the next afternoon unless I have an appointment to go to! I just hope that your husband is ok and you two can get back on track soon! Sending you prayers and positive thoughts, Love and Hugs, Opal/Leslie
Yes, its never any fun. I guess when you get a good schedule it will work out again.
@ZephyrSun (7385)
My husband and I are similar to you two. I have trouble sleeping at night, so I go to bed rather early and he isn't able to sleep at that time. Not long after he goes to bed, I'm awake. It use to really bother me but, I came to the conclusion that sleeping in the same bed at the same time was a silly thing to be bothered by. It's not like we are spending quality time together while sleeping. I just realize that he can't sleep at 9pm and I am unable to sleep much past 2am.
hi dear it should be over soon n we will hv an improed routine soon .. my husbands routine is ever so confusing , so we normally dont have same bedtime, which is why we dont hv tv in our bedroom.. sometimes he sleeps at 9pm, most times at 4am, on his night out he will sleep at 4am (that is the time he comes home) or worst 6am. he is also not a 'punctual' person so he can afford going late to work or other places .. me i need to be up atleast at 7.30 latest to be in office by 9.. so i learned not to wait up or worry about him. in ur case, yes u need to watch out for him as he is not well but u can try 'rescheduling' the timing for his 'medication/pills' that he is taking as some may trigger his sleep, n onc it wares off he iss wide awake wish u n ur husband well .. take care