height and fast runner

@qamarep (4453)
Pakistan
is the tall height of an athlete beneficial for winning ..
@prasunsam (359)
hi being tall is an added advantage but one needs good muscles to win.
it could be a good mark, but not a determinant, good and healthy mental condition is more than important for the winning.
@Pigglies (9340)
I've heard that being tall is usually a bad thing in running. Usually people are surprised when someone of above average height is a good runner. I think it has something to do with posture though more than just height alone. People always think I will do good because my legs are fairly long (for someone so short at least). But so far I'm not proving to have much speed. Yet I still enjoy running anyway.
@ravi40 (35)
I agree with Linda, As you have to be mentally prepared for running and secondly you have to be physically as well as mentally fit. Though height(i.e long legs) were definitely an advantage to it, So you can take long steps while running. Seems like you must be preparing for some competition?
@syndibee (799)
hmmmm interesting thought. I'm short and slow, though I'm also a beginner, middle aged, and over weight. Working on it all though!!