Selena

I recently watched the Selena movie with Jennifer Lopez, and I thought it was a very poignant story about the life of Selena Quintinilla. I still have her song, "Now I'm Dreaming," going through my head this morning. I thought Jenifer Lopez did a good job representing the Tejano Singer. The movie start with a little girl singing for her father's band, Selena y Los Dinos." Yet as Selena matures, she breaks open the music scene and sky-rockets to stardom. I love this movie, because it shows how tight family can be, and that life is more about family, friends, and fun, not just dreams of money, fame, and popularity. From what I gather, Selena is very kind, and I would like to know more about her and her story. The end of the movie made me very sad, as Yolanda, her fan club president shot her over missing records and money. Selena was and is still adored by many of her fans, and part of me just wonders where the singer would be today, if she was still alive. She was going to be the next Gloria Estefan! What gets me is that I am only one year younger than Selena. In short, the story moves my heart. It's such a sad loss.
@MoonGypsy (4616)
i love that girl so much. so really introduced me to a new kind of music i never listened to before. i am half latina, but i grew up listening to salsa. now, i have a new appreciation for tejano music just because of her. she will be missed and she will always be love. an angel left us to go home sooner than what we wanted.
@lexx87 (1711)
• Mexico
Well All Selena's songs are amazing , basically she was an idol in tex-mex music and Mexico i really love very of her songs, the sound of the music and her style was amazing. She was so great and excellent girl, she die so young. We don't know the real truth bout why she was murdered . I love her music and the movie about her.