Is Chivalry Dead?

I was going for my regular walk today, and I started to wonder to myself is chivalry dead? It just seems that so many women are politically correct in doing everything for themselves these days, that they forget that it is okay to let a man (or a woman) open the door for them. Is it unmodern to show chivalry back towards the man? No, I don't think so, because women are quite capable of also helping a man out with sweet little gestures like opening a door, pulling out a chair, or even doing the dishes (not as glamoroues I'm sure). I just think it would be neat to live in a time where men still lay down their coats over the dirt for ladies to walk on. How about you?
@Latrivia (2889)
Opening doors for someone, in my opinion, is just good manners. Anyone and everyone should do it. At the same time, I'm not used to "chivalry". My grandmother's husband is a very chivalrous guy. He opens the door for her, helps her carry stuff, pulls out her chair, and scoots her in. When I went to spend time with them, he'd do the same for me. He stopped after a while because he knew it weirded me out. I grew up with two brothers - chivalry was unheard of. "Polite" among us 3 was not beating each other up in the house. That was the best my parents could hope for, anyway. Point being, I wasn't used to having guys do that kind of stuff for me, and extras like scooting a girl in weren't enforced in my immediate household. I do appreciate it when it's done for me, though - odd as I may find it. I think it's a matter of changing societal values. Some people just don't care to bother with simple acts of politeness anymore.
• Estonia
I am a man and I think it's right to show some signs of chivalry in everyday life. I try to be polite when there are ladies nearby: I open doors for them and let them enter first, help with putting on a coat and so on. I think it's important for a man to show such signs of attention in relations with women.
@elly1384 (353)
• Bulgaria
no it is still alive and i believe in it