Monday's small tale

@savypat (20248)
I'm going to tell you a short story about the way life's small actions fit together. Our daughter stopped on her way to an appointment to rescue a small dog who was lost in the middle of a dangerous road. Because she couldn't take this dog with her she returned home and dropped him off with me. This litle dog was in good shape, just lost. Hubby entered the picture, body language was; What have these stupid women done NOW. He was annoyed. Then he started to handle the situation. Wife, he says, call the neighbor and ask her about the dog. Well, I had to get the dog settled and wanted my daughter to return so I could find out what she had in mind. So I responded. No, not right now. Hubby, in a huff, alright I'll do it. And he did. The phone line was busy, so he went off to finish his morning chores. I fed and walked the little dog. Hubby came back and tried to call again, line still busy. So he packed up the dog and drove over to her house. An hour later he is back with the dog and more ideas on how to find it's home. Daughter returns and she also had ideas. I add to the list. The daughter starts to try to find the missing owner. She returns to the pick up site, where she found the dog and talks to the shop owner,nearest the site, ne who tells her he recently lost his dog and how he found the dog. In the mean time he shows her his shop and all the work he is doing to enlarge it. He tells her his brother works tile and is helping. Daughter returns home with the dog, she talks to Hubby about the visit with the shop owner and mentions his brother does tile, Hubby lights up like a bulb and goes to call the original neighbor, who he went to see, she had asked him if he knew anyone who worked tile. Now Tiler has a job, neighbor gets here work done. So, give this a few thoughts, see all the pieces of life that had to fit together to make this happen. A wonder isn't it. Such fun. PS: the dog is still here, but we are working on that problem.
@gabs8513 (48803)
It is strange how Life sometimes work and always good when People communicate It is strange that no one has reported the Dog missing I mean specially as he is in good Condition which means he can not have been far from Home really poor little Thing I hope you find his Home
@savypat (20248)
He went home the next day. Thanks
@paula27661 (15900)
Great story pat! The little dog had a job to do by the look of it, I wonder if he’s finished...If he has he will probably return to his home in some unexpected way and if he has more to do here he may just stay with you a lot longer, who knows…Life does work mysteriously and that is one thing to keep in mind when events happen to inconvenience us for no apparent reason. The trick is to remember that there is always a reason...
@savypat (20248)
Found his home the next day. Thanks
@JenInTN (27565)
It's amazing how life can fit together and sometimes we don't have a clue..lol..That little dog was meant for something and you'll find his home when he's done with his work.
Ahhh I love happy ending. Thank you for sharing this Savypat. Reminds me of a saying:"God works in mysterious ways". Yes sometimes when we glue all the pieces of the puzzle together, we find that there was a reason for the first piece. I sure hope you'll be able to find the dog's proper owner.......if not, maybe you could keep it as a reminder of how God works? PS: I know we're not all from the same beliefs, so when I say "God", read according to your beliefs.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
Headline story: Small Dog in Road Creates Economic Boom Now small dog just needs to have its owner found. :-)
@dragon54u (31298)
That was so sweet of your daughter to rescue that dog, it could have been hit or killed. Drivers just don't watch for animals in the road and some of them even figure if the dog doesn't move he deserves to be hit. I hope you find his owner! That's great how everything worked out with the tile guy and the neighbor. I'm sure he can use the work!
@jakill (835)
It's called serendipity - a word I always hasve to check because I muddle it up with synchronicity. Very happy coincidences. Good luck with the dog.
@zandi458 (27954)
It works like miracle. Sometimes something happen for a reason and this is a wonderful real happening that has taught us to be kind to all living things.