Late to the Party

So I have a habit of missing shows when they're on TV and I hear people rave about them and I'm just lost and behind! We've (my partner and I) just borrowed seasons one to three of Heroes and we've just started season two and I finally know what all the fuss is about! Only a few years behind every body else! We love it so far, especially Hiro. We keep saying, "Woohoo!" and "Flying man!" Are there any shows that you've been behind the times on and are finally discovering?
@mentalward (14697)
I began watching Heros when it first began but, once you miss even a single episode, you're lost. Well, I was, anyway. I missed too many and thought I'd never get caught up. I was right. I still haven't gotten caught up. LOL My favorite character was also Hiro. He's the kind of guy I'd love to have as a little brother. So adorable! I gave up on ever getting caught up. One day, I may buy the series (or borrow it if I'm lucky) and watch it all because I did like it until I got so confused from missing so much. As for any other series, I can't say that I got behind any that I finally got caught up on. Those that I got behind on I usually just gave up on. Maybe that's why I prefer shows that have a new plot every week. It helps when you have ADD to not have to remember what happened previously.
I have the exact same problem with missing episodes and screwing up the entire series for myself. We started watching Sons of Anarchy and enjoying it, but after missing a couple of episodes (I have the worst memory ever) we had to give up. Boxed sets are extremely helpful! I can never keep to a schedule of watching something regularly because time gets away from me and I have the memory of a concussed wombat!
@Vladilyich1 (1453)
There are a couple of shows from the mid-90's, one I just discovered and the other I rediscovered (and found a lot of episodes that weren't shown in the U.S.). One that I love is "Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye". It's about a deaf FBI agent and is absolutely fabulous. It only lasted a couple of seasons in the 'States. The other that I loved when it originally ran is "Due South" about an RCMP constable who is assigned to the Chicago police department.
I remember Due South from when I was younger. I had such a crush on the main mountie and the dog was beautiful! Not watched the other one, but I'm sure I saw a trailer for it on TV recently. I'll keep an eye out for it as I quite like crime dramas.
@derek_a (10902)
I am always watching shows that are months behind everyone else. We tend to record them. I sometimes wonder where everybody has the time to watch so much live TV - perhaps they miss out or stuff or have loads and loads of recordings they they will never catch up on! _Derek
Well unfortunately we don't have the capability to record things, so we're doubly behind. We usually hit on things several years after they were initially popular, when someone gives us a disc of something saying "I can't believe you haven't seen this yet!"
My husband and I discovered The Big Bang Theory in the middle of the third or possibly the fourth season, we're not sure. It's a great show, and we love it, but we haven't seen the first couple of seasons, We'd like to. Since we really like the show, we'll probably end up collecting the whole thing on DVD.
I've heard good things about that show, all from people with geek-like tendencies who say they love it because it hits so close to home! Sounds good to me!