Remember The Time!

@Chevee (5915)
In time thing changes sometime for the better and sometime it doesn't make things better. The high school I attended as a teenager is no longer in existence, it is now a thing of the past. Well the name is. The building is still there. The name has changed and it is now the school for Junior High students (grades 6-8). They have added more rooms to the school. I will say it did change the the better. What about your High School is it still in operation? Has anything about your school changed since you were a student there?
I graduated from high school forty years ago and can only think of one time I have been back there since then. So, all I know about the school is what I hear from others. I know the school has changed to a technical school. I know that it use to be quite good in sports and is now pretty pitiful. I have heard, but don't know if it's true, that it has gone down academically. When I went there there were absolutely no blacks among the teachers, administration or student body. There was at least one black janitor and there may have been some blacks working in the kitchen (I seldom went through the lunch line, so never saw any blacks). This was not a racial bias on the part of the school. It was just that no blacks lived in the community, yet. Back then the residential zones were either single family dwellings or duplexes. After zoning allowed for apartments, blacks moved into the community. I don't know why they didn't move into single family dwellings or duplexes. Of course it would be reasonable to believe that they would not have felt welcomed. After all, that was forty years ago.
Both junior and senior high school I was in are still shining. My high school has a very good reputation when I was a student there and of course it always has. Because of high rate of school admission, my high school earned a lot of money and now as far as I know, the headmaster build a branch in a remote area in our city to support those who are very poor but own the ability to learn. I'm proud of that and I think that's a wise idea my dear headmaster has ever made. May god bless my high school and all the staff, especially those who once helped me.
@sassy28 (835)
We were the last class to graduate from my high school. They tore it down after we left. It really needed to be, it was in such bad shape.
@zoey7879 (3104)
Both high schools that I attended are still standing. The first high school, which I hated and transferred from, consolidated with another high school. Some rules have changed, some staff retired, some new staff hired. The building is relatively the same.. A couple of new murals added, and they are charging parents for classes. Some of these classes force memberships into extra cirricular (sp) activities. They are charging the normal book and class fees, plus $10-$20 extra for memberships in those. The second high school, however, the one that I graduated from is relatively unchanged. It offers the same classes that it did when I attended there over ten years ago, much of the staff remains the same. The building has changed only in the addition of student painted murals. No weird classes, no off the wall fees. Most of the students that attend currently are the children of my own student peers.
Hi Cheeve, i went to school in Scotland many years ago and recently I discovered a picture of it, its still look the same, it was in the 60s when I went there, also the school in Lond is just the same, this is all from the outside ofcouse. Tamara
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
There is no school still standing that i attended. I t is very said to me they have been torn down. Alot of changes, sometimes too many. They just got through tearing down a beautiful old church here to build a new bank they didn't need to start with. I hate to see old things torn down but they are real ggod at doing that here.
@ronaldinu (12445)
• Malta
I have never bothered to visit the school that I have passed five years of my life in it. It was used a military hut by the British while they were in Malta and if I am not mistaken was a school for their offspring too. Later it was revamped and made a high school and I was blessed to be there at its peak. It was left in ruins and now part of it was demolished to make way for a new modern building.
@cher913 (25893)
both schools that i attended are still standing with a whole new bread of students. i went to a school for two years and then moved to the city that i now live in for the last two years of highschool. the school our teenaged daughter attends (she is in grade 11) was the highschool that my hubby attended!
@zandi458 (27952)
The high school I went to is still standing tall and the name is still the same. Nothing much has changed since I left. Except probably the canteen which has been enlarged and looks more like a restaurant.