Have you ever made a cake recipe with your microwave?

Hello mylot! I recently responded to a discussion entitled "The Writing On the Cake," and it got me enthused about the times I have made cake before. Like one time I made a single layer cake in the microwave. It turned out good, as my oven isn't the best for baking. With my love of cake, I am wondering if any mylotters out there have made a cake or any other dessert in the microwave. If you did, I hope it turned out good!
I was like 'experimenting' in the kitchen a few years back because I wanted to learn to cook more than frying and boiling eggs. I got this microwave oven as a Christmas raffle prize in the company I used to work for and I got really excited. One of my colleagues then told me that I can bake in it but I said I don't know how to cook much more to bake. So, she suggested to look for a carton of ready-to-bake cake mixture in the grocery store and just follow the instructions there. That got me really excited! I followed all of the instructions well, but what I got was a so-called 'cake' which was like a rice cake when hot and a French bread when cold. It was really a disaster! Now I'm kinda scared to try again.
You should give it a shot, personaave! Don't let one experience from microwave cooking ruin all the numerous possiblities out there. Maybe look into purchasing a microwave cookbook, too, to help? I say this because sometimes it can be a challenge to convert a recipe originally cooked in the traditional oven to a microwave recipe. Let me know if you decide to give your microwave another shot! Good luck!
@sunyskies (126)
When I got my first microwave, it came with a cookbook. There was a recipe for an apple upside down cake that was to die for! It was so good and super simple. I wish I still had the book, but I lost it when we moved. I hadn't thought about that recipe in years. I'll have to go on an internet search for one like it. It was a great last minute dessert or treat to have with coffee when company stopped by.
I have a few microwave cookbooks from my mother from her mother, that I will not give up. They are very special to me, and I could not live with them, for I use my microwave everyday! The recipe for your apple upside down cake sounds devine, and I want to make one now! I love apples, and I even heat them up in the microwave to soften them first.
@jillhill (37384)
I have and it turned out very good....there is one called the cup recipe.....and it's a chocolate cake you make in a cup and it's very very good.
Hi jillhill! Can you share the recipe? PRetty please? I love cakes, and would like to try!
@kaylayoe (295)
I've never put cake in the microwave but I have taken cookie dough and microwaved it for about 25 seconds. When it's done it's sort of cooked in the center and the outside is basically hot dough. It's delicious! You should try it sometime!
That sounds so yummy1 I love hot dough, especially for breakfast in the morning. Hmm.. I am drooling now! Do you have the recipe?
@kaylayoe (295)
I usually just you use any cookie dough! Homemade peanutbutter is the best though! Chocolate chip is my second favorite!
@galileo2008 (1140)
I have seen some baking ingredients sold in our local supermarkets, and one of them is for the cake. The amazing part is it can also be done using the microwave, all you have to do is to pour water, some eggs, and vanilla extract, etc. but it's really faster compared to the usual method, of course. I am planning to buy it next time I'll visit the store. I think it would be a great help for those who don't have the large ovens intended really for baking.