Can love keep you from moving?

I decided to put my move on hold. I had to loan my friend some money. Plus I want o pay off some more bills. I was just talking to Tims father and he told me how much his son truly loves me. I can't get tim to tell me anything. But he went and tols his fathere that he was stressed over another guy who likes me. I was so shocked to learn this. I would never repeat wha the told me but I was pleased to hear it. Now I don't want to move and leave Tim behind. Would you stay for loove or move on with your life? I will be here at least another year. Thanks
@sedel1027 (17868)
Depends on why I was moving. If I was moving and I knew the situation would be a lot better for myself and my child, I'd still move. A lot of people are in long distance relationships and make them work. If the situation would be better for Tim, he has the option to move down to VA as well. Not meaning to be really rude, but are you sure Tim's Dad was being honest and the Dad doesn't want to just keep you around to get more money out of you? Seems like you give a lot of hand outs to this family.
• Marion, Kansas
I am of the same opinion. If Tim does not want you to move, he should say so. Tim's dad needs to let Tim be an adult and take care of his own feelings and talking to you.
I think that the main determining factor in this situation would be the reason that I was planning on moving. If I had been planning to move just because I wanted to move, then I think that love would be able to put the move on hold. However, I believe that if I was moving to be closer to family or if I was moving because of my career then I would not be able to put the move on hold. One thing that I truly believe is that true love would be able to endure everything, even distance between the parties.
Just see how it goes I guess. It would just be nice if he can tell you what he told his father. Do you think in a years time he would come around with you and his fathers help perhaps?
• Marion, Kansas
I have never been clear on why you were moving to Va. in the first place.If it is important, you should still go. If it was just a whim, then it is good you are reconsidering your move. I would want to hear some of this information from Tim himself, though. His dad sure seems to mess in your business a lot. One discussion you said Tim never does anything for you. He has a job, and should be able to do for you, just as you do for him.
I would want to get on with my own life. Before falling in love my husband and I were best friends (now we are best friends AND in love!) and we discussed all of this stuff in advance. Now we are living in my hometown. He moved! LOL He didn't move because I made him move, he moved because he retired, and has moved and lived all over the place. We tried living in his place (AZ) and in mine (up here in Ontario) and we both decided it's better up here.