What employees pay to wear jeans on Friday?

Hello Mylot! I am curious if you would pay money to wear your jeans on Friday. I have heard of companies allowing their employees to do this, but I wonder if it is just another scheme from the company to make money. Or is the money donated to a cause? Would you pay to wear jeans at work, if you weren't sure where the money was going? It just seems kind of silly to pay to wear something you alreayd wear anyways. It's like paying to wear your shoes, although I realize tennis shoes aren't usually considered work attire. Next thing you know, employers will be asking their employees to pay for every item of clothing they wear! What a strange world we live in. Yet I guess if you get use to a certain style of dressing everyday for work, the change is nice, and can help you feel more comfortable in your favorite pair of jeans, yes?
i'd like to wear jeans at work so i guess i'll pay for it. i'm tired of wearing my corporate attire at work
@vine88 (1038)
i don't know.
@13tyates (1611)
At the school I work at in Texas we get to wear jeans on Fridays and for special occasions. The money that is raised goes to Charity. I do wear jeans to work because first it is much more comfortable and the charity part is nice! It also boosts moral for the employees. When you are working with kids every day then you would pay $1 to be comfortable, trust me!!!
@missybear (11396)
We used to have casual Friday but then people got carried away wearing torn jeans and cut offs so they quit that. Every once in a while they have a the cancer event were you pay $5 to wear Jeans and you get a pink ribbon to put on so they know you paid and you can wear Jeans that day. I usually pay the $5 since I know it's going to a good thing. I work at a Hospice so I hope they put the money were it's supposed to go