can a tattoo be touched up?

My daughter went and had my name put on her wrist. And it looked so nice when she came home. Someone grabbed her who did not know she had the new tat and it now looks bad. The ink is smeared and very light. Plus there is a bruise on top of the "S" I can't see her getting this touched up. She says when the bruise heals she will fix it. Please let me know what can be done. Thanks
• Brazil
How can you smear a tattoo? Isn't the ink supposed to be beneath the skin? Here's something I didn't know...
First off, she needs to make sure and let the scar tissue heal before she even thinks about getting it repaired. It could be that just the bruise that she has on her wrist is causing it to look wrong. However, if after it has healed it still appears to be distorted then she needs to go back to the tattoo artist who did the original tattoo and see what they recommend be done about the damaged tattoo. I personally have two tattoos and one of them still looks as good as it did on the day that I had it done nearly a dozen years ago. However, the one that was done later needs to have some of the color work on it touched up.