Would you buy your man a pair of shoes?

I went shopping today and bought my daughter and tim mostly things. I did get two shirts out of the Shopping day. But,the reason I am asking is I won't buy Tim anything to put on his feet. I did buy him three pairs of jeans though. I was told years ago if you buy a man shoes he will walk out of your life. So My fears are still there that this is true. So friends am I over paranoid here? Or will you not buy your man shoes either? Thaks guys I would at least like to buy him bed room slippers for my apartment.
@cream97 (29180)
I have never bought shoes for my man before. I have never even heard of that tale about him walking out of my life either. I would rather him get his own shoes. If I really wanted to buy him a pair, I would need his exact size. My husband always buys his own shoes to walk in. I think that would be nice of you to buy him a pair of slippers to walk around in while he is in your apartment. My husband bought a pair of slipper almost two weeks ago for his feet. He got so tired of walking around in his white socks..
Tim is always walking around in his white socks as well. So I may just buy him some slippers to wear.
@cream97 (29180)
Yes, that would be a good idea! I walk around all day in my ankle socks. It is very comfortable too. But, I would like to have me a pair of terry cloth slippers like I had before.
I never heard of these before I may look for them at target. Thanks
@cher913 (25902)
i probably wouldnt just because shoes (and the way they fit) are such a personal thing. you have to try them on to see if they are comfy. to be honest, i have never heard that saying before. i have bought hubby flip flops (does that count?) we have been married for 22 years too!
Yes flip flops would count as shoes. I am glad your still together.
@athinapie (1153)
Hi there! I have also heard of the superstition before. And it is kind of true. See, my ex boyfriend bought me a pair of doll shoes 4 years ago and we found out too late that there was some superstition behind giving a pair of footwear to your better half. Then three years later, we broke up and it was a very bad break up. All I can say is prevention is better than cure. Just play safe.
I feel better now knowing I am not the only one. I grew up hearing this where I live. Thanks for this.
@kaylachan (4661)
I've done this several times for George. When we are in wal-mart we will usually go shopping for shoes. Since I was getting more money at one point and time then he was, I ended up paying for the shopping trip-- which included the shoes. And, George doesn't mind if I buy him anything. This of course includes shoes. We often joke that we can trade cloths. Because George and I are about the same size. And, we have traded cloths. He loves my St. Augustine sweatshirt and often teases me that it's his. And, its been getting its use this winter for sure.
That is nice when Tim and I dated years ago we wore the same size jeans and shirts. Now I am smaller and he is bigger.
@thyst07 (2093)
I would never buy shoes for my husband, because it's extremely important to try shoes on before getting them. Everyone's foot is shaped a little differently, and every shoe manufacturer makes shoes a little differently. I could buy a pair of shoes in my husband's usual size and it could fit him terribly. Poor-fitting shoes can cause not only sore feet but knee and back problems as well, so there's no way I'd risk getting my husband a pair of shoes that might not fit perfectly! Bedroom slippers would be fine though. The only thing I'll buy my husband without him trying on is shirts.
I will think about this instead of being paranoid. it makes total sense, thanks.
@doormouse (4619)
what an absolute load of rubbish,you are way to paranoid,i've bought my man shoes before and he's still here,i also buy most of his clothes,that way i know i'll like what he's wearing,coz he has awful taste in clothes and shoes
I like buying Tim clothes that I like to see him in. I am so laughing right now. Thanks
I would buy him anything if I saw it and thought he would really like it or really needed it. Lucky for me he's not a materialistic guy! I do know his taste and size in shoes, though, so it probably wouldn't be that difficult, I just haven't had the opportunity to do it yet!
I don't even know if Tim would were any foot wear if i bought it. I do love his little feet.
@Wizzywig (7849)
I've bought my husband slippers, trainers and wellies and he's still here after 32 years so I guess none of those count as "shoes". I dont remember the last time I even saw him wear actual shoes.
Yes these count to me as shoes.
That's just a silly old superstition. The only reason why I have never bought my husband shoes is because he knows what he likes and buys them himself, but if he were to tell me what he wanted, and ask me to pick them up for him, I would not hve a problem buying him shoes, at all.
LOL I should get over this and quick.
@mr_pearl (5038)
Hello.. This is a wonderful quote- 'if you buy a man shoes, he will walk out of your life..' And it is a good excuse for ladies too, to not to buy shoes for their men I am kidding, forgive me! Well, I have never been really fortunate to receive many gifts from ladies. On the contrary, I have spent a lot on my ex, which has left me broke. I can't even get to my girl who is in US, because of this financial crunch... Oh and this may be interesting for you... Before breaking up with my ex, I had bought her several pairs of shoes, sandals etc., along with other things. So is that statement applicable vice versa too??? Just a thought... Have a good day!
@idowrite72 (2217)
I have never heard that, about him walking out of your life, but I would never buy a man shoes. I think it is something that he would have to pick out for himself and try on for fit. I think it might be a little different for bedroom slippers, though. I might do that if I had an idea of what kind he was interested in, but even then, I might not because of the style and size that he would like and fit best.
I've never heard this superstition myself, but it wouldn't really make any difference to me anyway. I'm not a superstitious person at all. That said, I've given my husband shoes before and he is still very much in my life. The only superstition that I can never bring myself to break is to give someone a knife as a gift. Other than that, I don't follow any of the superstitions that I've heard n my life.
I've never heard of that addage. Though I know men are particular about their shoes... they either wear them into the ground or they have to have them immaculate. I lucked out and married a guy who wears them into the ground before he'll buy a new pair.
@trina48D (88)
I have been married for 30 years and I have bought my husband shoes, underwear and whatever else he may need. He is always present if I buy shoes because he has to try them on but if a guy is going to leave it won't matter what you do or do not buy for them, well unless your buying a hooker than it might matter,lol.
@mflower2053 (3227)
only if he was with me but I don't have a job so he would actually be the one buying them. I don't know his size and he is pretty picky about his clothes and shoes so I will just help him decide.
@BluRu06 (35)
I buy my husband shoes all the time, we got lucky and have the same size feet just his are a bit wider. Then again, my husband has thing thing about shoes, he loves them, wont get rid of a pair to save his soul. We have shoes that have been to more countries than i can count(and smell like them too). As far as 'walking out of your life' it sounds like local superstition, each region has different customs, like 'dont put your shoes on the table because it means someone is going to die' or 'dont walk over the septic field or youll have bad luck'.
@sacmom (14363)
I hate to say it, but it sounds like a silly old superstition to me. I've bought my husband shoes and slippers many times and we're still together. In fact, we just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary a few days ago. Now when it comes to him getting shoes for me, that's a different story, as I won't go for that. LOL But it isn't because of any superstition. It has to do with the fact that when he bought me shoes once, years ago, they were several sizes too big. They were a size 9, which is indeed my size, but I think they were a mens 9, not a woman's. So, they were like clown shoes on me. That's why I won't let him buy shoes for me anymore. I'd rather get them myself because then I'll know they'll fit! LOL Happy mylotting!
@myramae19 (667)
oh this thing scared me, I once bought slippers for my hubby, when he took his first vacation, that was 3 years ago. how about the man giving it to a woman?. cos my husband gave me a two pairs of running shoes, so there's a tendency that I would walk out of his life?
I don't beleve it,although I have heard it before. Maybe I will not buy my boyfriend(if I have one LOL) shoes,because he must knows what meet his taste and what fit his foot better than me. Of course slippers would be exception, I will choose a comfortable and lovely one for him. If you believe buy him shoes may bring brokeup, then not do it.Keep a good mood and worried less, be confident will make you look more beautiful. Wish you have a happy lifelong relationship with your husband.
@udaysexy (33)
i actually never heard about that particular superstition, i wont mind buying shoes for my husband, i just wont do it as a surprise though, i know his size but i just dont know if the shoes will be comfy or not...