My daughter . . . artistic, yes . . . clean, no . . .

My 5 year old daughter loves to draw draw draw. We have tons of paper and art supplies everywhere . . . and since I'm so busy with the baby, she's been occupying herself by literally taking over the kitchen table as her art table. Well, my husband had enough. We've barely had any room to eat at the table lately as her drawings have been piling up. So finally he took the time to clean up the clutter . . . geez, I haven't seen the surface in a while that I had forgotten what it looked like - hee hee. So he explained to my daughter . . . "See, look what Daddy did . . . I cleared the table so now it's nice and clean!". And my daughter says "Yah, Daddy, that's great! That's a perfect place for me to draw!". and !! What are some funny things your kids have said lately??
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
What's a table? I get occasional glimpses.... Funniest thing was Dearra suggesting that we might go on The Bachelor (see my latest discussion)...
Hee hee! By now, you must know, the table is somewhere under all her drawings again . . . no need for me to buy tablecloths - hee hee. The Bachelor? Goodness . . . I'll have to go check it out . . . so when will this air? Hee hee! I noticed you said "we"?!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
as soon as I get over my aversion to being filmed?
@summer77 (415)
Wow that's really cute. Your baby will become an artist someday. Not just an artist but an artist that will rock the world! May you support her in her passion. Maybe one day, when I grow old, I wouldn't know the girl I see in TV or Internet was the baby mentioned by a mother in myLot!. Yeah! ^_^
Hee hee!! She's definitely a budding artist - it's in her blood as her mom and dad (and grandparents on dad's side) are artists as well!! But I'm sure you've never heard of any of our names - ha ha. But you never know how things will go for my little one - or for any of the kids of today!!
My girls are the same they are older than your daughter but they draw on everything! I seem to get upset once in awhile but I know it is a good hobby to have. But when I say they draw on everything I mean everything! Phonebook, bills I have got in the mail you name it. Anyway thanks for sharing that and happy mylotting to you.
Hee hee! There was a time when we had to watch our daughter carefully because she would write on any piece of paper she could find . . . all our post it notes, greeting cards, envelopes - whatever that was in her view - argh! But now she is spoiled as we give her stacks of clean paper and she knows where to go in her art bin for it. But yes, drawing is a good hobby to have - and it keeps them creative!
@maximax8 (28558)
It is so funny that you daughter thinks the clean and tidy table is an excellent place to draw. Hopefully she will learn to put things away when she is has completed her drawings. I took my toddler son to the airport in London. He looked out of the train window on the way there and said "oh dear". It was so amusing because he didn't say much when he was younger. Now he has used the world "actually". I put it in a sentence for him "Magic is a cat, no actually she is a dog". Well the speech therapist said to play with language.
Oh dear! Hee hee. That's so cute! "Actually" is actually a big word for a little guy! I am no therapist, but playing with language is wonderful for little ones - we did that with our daughter too. I think it pumped up her sense of humor and creativity in speech! Yes, we're trying to work on making her tidy up her workspace (um, our kitchen table) once she is done. We at least have gotten her to stack most of her drawings in the livingroom, but still there are crayons, markers, books, and everything else she uses for doing her art on the table!!