Revolutionary Road

@teamrose (1499)
This movie starring April (Kate Winslet) and Frank (Leonardo DiCaprio) That perfect couple in the perfect house on Revolutionary Road that everyone raves about? They may have some baggage too. A getting past the facade glimpse into a couple who know deep down they are smarter and better than much of the rest of the herd... I saw after watching the play August Osage County, with another really really dysfunctional family. Wow, just wow. If you are overdue on a mid life crisis these may well jolt you out of any possibility of it happening.
@wolfie34 (26816)
I am a massive Leonardo Di Caprio fan but for some reason I haven't as yet seen this film, I guess it's not my type of genre, plus the fact that seeing Kate Winslet not as Rose and Leonardo not as Jack but playing side to side together and not on a ship is kind of weird, I know that sounds strange but after seeing them together in Titanic I am not sure I could enjoy Revolutionary Road as much. I remember seeing the reviews and thought no, this film is not for me. I prefer to watch Leonardo in The Beach and Titanic in my eyes two of the best films he starred in but that's my own personal preference.
@teamrose (1499)
I understand your feelings but this is a totally different type movie. You won't be thinking of the actors, but rather the great story. It is worth watching.
@anniepa (27241)
I recently saw "Revolutionary Road" and thought it was very well done. That "perfect couple" wasn't so perfect after all! I must say, they would REALLY have to be dysfunctional to be having a mid-life crisis at 30 but maybe I see it that way since I'm...a bit over 30! Seriously, I think April and Frank were two very selfish, immature people. I have nothing against anyone wanting to get the most out of life and I understand that most of us probably have our disappointments and regrets as we have children and perhaps begin to feel that we're "trapped" in jobs we know we don't want to do for the rest of our lives and we feel that we've missed our opportunities to "change the world" but these two were ridiculous. I must say, the fifties couldn't have been the best of times to be a young wife and mother, at least knowing what we know today. Annie
@teamrose (1499)
Uncanny how these movies hit home. So much of it can be identified by the average person. This movie is too real.
This is a really depressing movie about a family. The couple who seems to be a perfect family in the beginning turn upside down in the end. They keep on yelling and screaming to each other. I think this is Leo's best performance to date which unfortunately overlooked by the Academy members. He so much deserved the nomination than Brad Pitt on Benjamin Button who shows flat emotion(tho I love the movie)
@dragon54u (31605)
I tried to read the book and just couldn't wade through it. I don't know if the movie would be much better but the casting sounds good. I don't like depressing movies!
@MrKennedy (1994)
I've heard a lot of comments about this film, mostly positive. I have been meaning to watch it, as I have heard it has a really interesting story to it, plus the main cast are, in my opinion, two very talented performers